LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v169.61 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

I downgraded to 169.09. The scaling is working.

• 2 years later...

I have just installed these drivers on my old toshiba laptop with a go5200 card.

They work fine except when I hibernate by closing the lid, when I try to resume i get a grey screen, and cannot use the laptop, unless i do a hard reboot. Any work arounds for this?

• 13 years later...

Hello,

I'm looking up on this thread because I'm currently working with 2x Dell Latitude D800 machines which both comes with a FX Go 5200 64mb running good ol' XP. It seems like the download for this driver isn't up anymore which is sad since I'd really like to get a "working" driver so I can actually enjoy using these machines for some retro gaming.

Would be nice if anyone could help me out.

Best regards.

We had lost the old drivers years ago after a server crash.

If the original drivers from

https://www.dell.com/support/home/de-de/product-support/product/latitude-d800/drivers

don't work, then try:

https://www.station-drivers.com

17 hours ago, StefanG3D said:

We had lost the old drivers years ago after a server crash.

If the original drivers from

https://www.dell.com/support/home/de-de/product-support/product/latitude-d800/drivers

don't work, then try:

https://www.station-drivers.com

Thank you for your response.

That's unfortunate. 😕

I've tried the drivers from the Dell site already. Sadly their "latest" release for the 5200 turns everything into a slideshow. First I wasn't aware that the "sluggish" performance was an driver issue until I tested the much older "go 4200" driver which works much better but lacks compatibility with some games resulting into graphical glitches or even BSOD. 

I have the modded inf which has proven to work well with other installations such as a 6200 in another machine but it seems like for this device there isn't much option without the right driver available.

The website you send me does sadly not have anything for this old card but at least a bunch of other things I can use for other machines so pretty neat to have this in the bookmarks.

regards.

Hello it's me again.

Thanks for the links, I've tried 169.21 which gave me a disrupted grey screen waking up out of standby which would only return to normal after reboot. However performance wise it behaves exactly the same like the Dell driver (V. 6.14.10.7811) resulting into stutters and very low fps.

Tested on both machines to make sure it wasn't any hardware related issue. 

I also tried the NVIDIA Archive but all links in it are dead. Someone working at NVIDIA need to clean up that page, it's super confusing having a whole archive with ghost links lol.

So far I have found ver. 175.80 from XFASTEST and this driver - although slower than the "Go 4200" (V. 6.14.10.6742) one, is the first driver that gave me usable results. Games are no longer are a laggy mess and the newer control panel is pretty useful too. I still have the impression that this machine could perform better but at the moment I'm just glad that everything works.

So maybe this will help someone having the same issue.

Regards.