LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need help with Compaq Presario F759WM notebook

EnternalLife

Hi im Running Windows Vista Home Premium, And i wanna switch to Windows XP home Edition But im having trouble finding Drivers that will Work on

Compaq Presario F795WM notbook PC. Reason Why i wanna switch to XP windows cuase Vista is to big of a Operating System. To even run my video games on

Not geting the full Proformence of my 287MB Video Card Even like on World of warcraft i should have 35 to 40 Frame Rate Which is only 9 to 20 on Vista

Windows

Can some one please help me find Drivers that will work on Compaq Presario F795WM for XP heres what i run

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dueal-core 1.9Ghz , 512KX L2 Cache, Up to 1600MHZ

32-bit Operating System

1G Ram DDR2

160GB HD

SuperMulti 8X DVD R/RW/Double Layer Support

15,4 Digonal WxGA BrightView WideScreen Display

287MB video card/NVIVDIA GeForce 7000M

802.11b/g Wireless Lan

5-in-1 integrated digital media reader

Integrated 10/100base-T Eathernet Lan (RJ-45 Connector

Drivers im having problem finding for XP windows is Audio sound. And GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M Can Anyone Please help me :)

Cuase driving me Crazy :) So can you help me find Drivers and the Chip Set i be very Greatful

Edited by EnternalLife

• 9 months later...

Hi!, i have the same notebook and the same problem!!....did u resolve it....pls tell me where u find the drivers....Actually i could install all the drivers except sound and video controllers.....

thx!!!!

German.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi!, i have the same notebook and the same problem!!....did u resolve it....pls tell me where u find the drivers....Actually i could install all the drivers except sound and video controllers.....

thx!!!!

German.

i just got it to work: here it is:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34001-34500/sp34200.exe

also did anyone "make a recovery disk" for your F759WM? Mine didn't work, and would like me get my hands on one without having to pay $25

if anyone did, can you guys upload it someplace or make a torrent?

You can find the video driver here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=255116

This one too! http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=16927

if anyone has the recovery disk, please email me at umairahmedmalik@yahoo.com!

greatly appreciate it

if anyone has any problems with installing XP on your F759WM, i probably might be able to help.. let me know!

• 8 months later...
Guest natasha fincher

i was reading through these post and i have a notebook f759wm. i recently downgraded from vista to windows xp and have no sound drivers. i actually wouldnt mind just resetting my computer once and for all back to vista but i unfortantly never made one. could you pleaase help me. my name is natasha my email is alektrasmommy@aol.com

thanks i really appreciate it

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

4 years ago i posted my email address in this post. I've been bombarded with spam probably due to this. can someone please edit that post and remove my email address?

username: Guest_umair_*

thanks in advance!

Edited by Umair Malik