LaptopVideo2Go Forums

drivers dectecting my monitor has a hdtv? please help

Guest eduardmc

Guest eduardmc

i'm using all drivers i could find for my monitor (viewsonic vx2835wm). the monitor has hdmi connection and brings a hdmi to dvi connection for dvi connecting with the video card. i have a 8800gt and all drivers seem to produce teh same problem. when i installed the driver it automatically switches the connection to think that i'm using a hdtv and not a monitor, the screen stretch out and cut 1 inch from all side (up,dow, left,right) everything look blurry, fuzzy and bad color production. when i try the same monitor with another pc and videocard (6800ultra) it runs beautifully at 1920x1200 with hdmi. but when i go back to my pc with the 8800gt the problem comes back. when i unistall the drivers and use the windows default it also works fine (but i don;t have hardware graphic accelaration). can anyone tell me and send me link of a modefy driver to fix this problem. please help out. my only option now is using my monitor with VGA but still it does not compare to dvi image quality.