LaptopVideo2Go Forums

video playback issue

cathor

hi!

i have a vostro 1500, c2d 2,2ghz, 2gb ram and a gt8600m running XP pro sp2. currently using driver version 169.04. generally very satified with those drivers.

the problem is that the only mediaplayer that is able to play movies without tearing is WMP (using WMP11). I prefer VLC but no matter what kind of videofile i try to play it looks horrible. and this is not just VLC. the same goes for MPC, BSplayer and so on. I have tried to play around with the settings in both NVCP and VLC (overlay, vsync) but no avail.

is this a known problem? any solution?

also I'd like to ask about driver versions. when the computer was shipped it came with vista but I reistalled it with XP right away. back then the OEM drivers were pretty outdated and this website became my rescue. however i recently saw that Dell have released a new driver v156.83 dated 12/14/2007. my current driver version 169.04 is dated 10/28/2007. so my question is, which one is the most recent one?

also, is it recomended to use any driver cleaner tool when upgrading/downgrading the drivers or am i good with the "add/remove program way"?

on a different topic. If someone with a dell vostro has updated to the latest system BIOS (v05), please let me know if you are experiencing any improvements.

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately, you've got an uncommon problem. Those players work fine for most of us. All I can recommend is trying some different drivers to see if they behave differently.

Always go by the driver date. Nvidia's version system is very quirky, to say the least.

Unfortunately, you've got an uncommon problem. Those players work fine for most of us. All I can recommend is trying some different drivers to see if they behave differently.

Always go by the driver date. Nvidia's version system is very quirky, to say the least.

ok, thank you for your reply. guess i will have to play around with different drivers then. about uninstall methods, any guidelines?

btw. does anyone know if the release date written on dell's homepage is the date when nvidia released the driver or the date when dell released the driver?

. does anyone know if the release date written on dell's homepage is the date when nvidia released the driver ?

No, as at least Lenovo had it (from LV2go):

2007-11-16