LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help me work driver for Acer 5920G =(

JOFA

Help me to find normal, working the driver for mine GeForce 8600M GT. At me laptop Acer Aspire 5920G. At present at me cost 156.72 - official with FTP Acer, but they already have very much become outdated! That swung all here did not wish to be established = (Writes a mistake - the System did not manage to find the suitable equipment.

Tried to establish also 169.28 and 167.59 - all is ineffectual = (do not understand why it is written that for this card they approach, but at me are not established %)

P.S. Excuse for my English, I hope have understood! =)

Edited by JOFA

Did you download the modified inf and replace the original inf?

Did you download the modified inf and replace the original inf?

I am simple download from here the driver and started setup.exe Then the mistake what the suitable equipment and installation is not found stops jumped out? Or it was necessary as that differently to establish? Tried to update through the dispatcher of devices, but it has given out, that in system there is an optimum driver and updating it is not required %)

I am simple download from here the driver and started setup.exe Then the mistake what the suitable equipment and installation is not found stops jumped out? Or it was necessary as that differently to establish? Tried to update through the dispatcher of devices, but it has given out, that in system there is an optimum driver and updating it is not required %)

After you extract the zip file you have downloaded from this site, download the modified inf as well (link next to the driver). Copy and paste this modified inf into the folder you extracted the driver to, replacing the original inf file. Then run setup

After you extract the zip file you have downloaded from this site, download the modified inf as well (link next to the driver). Copy and paste this modified inf into the folder you extracted the driver to, replacing the original inf file. Then run setup

I have the same laptop.

Use the 156.80 from DELL and don't use the inf... only install.

If you changes the inf, whql don't work and powerdvd fails.

Powerdvd with hd-dvd only works with signed drivers. Are the only for the time being... i'm triying to prove others.

Sorry for my english

I do not understand! = (can prompt as stage by stage to establish these beta driver and what to do with these INF files?

PlZ

I do not understand! = (can prompt as stage by stage to establish these beta driver and what to do with these INF files?

PlZ

so, step by step

first you download the driver and the inf(next to the driver), than you start the setup.exe(of the downloaded driver) and the driver will extract in a folder of your choice. than you copy the inf folder into the extractet driver folder. windows will ask you if you want to replace it and you confirm by pressing yes.

than you run the dpinst.exe from the extractet driver folder.

by the way, the best driver for acer 5920g with 8600m gt is the 171.16, you can get the link in this forum

good luck Carsten from good old germany