LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba Tecra M2 notebook problem

billd

I have a Toshiba Tecra M2 notebook with XP 32bit service pack 2. I just added a Samsung SyncMaster 245BW Wide screen external monitor.

The modes I would like to have available are:

1920x1200

1680x1050

1440x900

1280x800

1024x640

The latest driver I'm trying is 6.14.11.6909 (Version 169.09). With this driver, I find only these modes:

1920x1200

1680x1050

When I select one of these two, the screen size is larger than what the monitor actually displays (I have to move the mouse around to see the whole screen). I'm guessing that frequency is the problem. The frequency is 60 Hertz, which could be a limitation of the computer. Toshiba does not have an updated driver and their tech support is no help at all.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

I don't know if it's the exact same problem you are having, but I had a similar problem that I was able to fix in the following thread. My post on what I did is at the end of the thread, or you can just read it directly here.

Good Luck..