LaptopVideo2Go Forums

FCS M3438G

cTv

Hi,

i got a 3438g and want to change the cooling... didnt see FCS in ur "what about" section... someone got a new cooling for that laptop?

i want to change the graphicscard and the cooling...

thanks for any answers!

because its getting hot after playing a while with only the stock 6800go... i can only play a long time with a fan on the desk blowing over the notebook...

because its getting hot after playing a while with only the stock 6800go... i can only play a long time with a fan on the desk blowing over the notebook...

Most notebooks get hot while gaming, this one is no exception.

Have you ever thoroughly dusted the radiator and fan?

Can`t it be modded by an other fan( And remove the old one, or give the fan more rpm) or heatsink?

Edited by Robin4

Is it possible to build in a GF 8600M GT in an AMILO M3438G ????The stock card is ATI X700(MXM-I) or GF Go 6600(MXM-I). But as it seems the mxm-slot in these notebooks is mxm-III???Is it possible???

Is it possible to build in a GF 8600M GT in an AMILO M3438G ????The stock card is ATI X700(MXM-I) or GF Go 6600(MXM-I). But as it seems the mxm-slot in these notebooks is mxm-III???Is it possible???

I would be interested too. I have an Amilo m1439G which is a bit smaller. If I remeber correctly Ice-tea tried it out and it doesnt boot, but this memory is rather vague and i cant see a problem because of nvidias specs for mxm. I already contacted fujitsu and i got the following answers (telephone service): if it fits mechanically it will work and (technical support via email): you have only mxm 1 and the geforce go is the biggest graphiccard to built in. (which contratdicts a lot with successfull reports on this website).

I would be glad if someone could help, by solving this situation or by offering me a fitting card, as i need this notebook for working on a game.

Guest Guest

This site will never die because of those question like from Kinsky and daJoe.

perhaps it is good for multimillionaire Ice-Tea

he he he Sorry boys but this question " will 8600M GT fitt to amilo or other notebook was hundred times on forum

the answer is no, 8600M GT will not fitt because it is not compatible, The is somehink like mxm 1 and mxm 2 standard

This site will never die because of those question like from Kinsky and daJoe.

perhaps it is good for multimillionaire Ice-Tea

he he he Sorry boys but this question " will 8600M GT fitt to amilo or other notebook was hundred times on forum

the answer is no, 8600M GT will not fitt because it is not compatible, The is somehink like mxm 1 and mxm 2 standard

*G* interesting, have u ever read the mxm specs from nvidia. They say fully downwardly compatibility is necessary for mxm certification. Sure this question was on the forum, but surely not quite a hundred times. And it never says why. Maybe its obsolete to ask the question again, but with time comes progress and if u can get a 8600m gt for the same price then a geforce go 6600. Then u will give it a try, if there are some changes on that topic.

Guest Guest

daJoe ok, but if you want to upgrade your notebook you should notice that it is not good to have top graphic card and medium cpu. i think that for fs M1439G 6800 GO is good and it be 100% exploited.

daJoe ok, but if you want to upgrade your notebook you should notice that it is not good to have top graphic card and medium cpu. i think that for fs M1439G 6800 GO is good and it be 100% exploited.

no question about that, a 8600m gt is way better than the cpu, so it wont reveal its true power *g*. But a 6800 isnt that cheap too, I have bought a card already and have a look if it works (7900 gs too cheap for not buying it =(, if it doesnt work someone else can have it, just thought if 7600 works this works too, didnt have the time to clear things up)