LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v173.80 VISTA 32bit | Desktop/Mobile

mobilenvidia

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

drv_forcewarex.gif  nVIDIA ForceWare X 173.80 for Windows Vista 32bit

drv_inf.gifModded INF | drv_quickstart.gifQuickstart Guide

Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit

Driver Version: 173.80

Driver Date: 2008-01-14 (YYYY-MM-DD)

Driver Size: 31.14 MB

Driver Released by: Desktop/Mobile

MS WHQL Certificate: False

Setup Files Included: True

International Files: True

Comments

No comments.

Original INF only supports:

[DEV_0191] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX
[DEV_0192] NVIDIA G80-200
[DEV_0193] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
[DEV_0194] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra
[DEV_019D] NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600
[DEV_019E] NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600
[DEV_0400] NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
[DEV_0402] NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
[DEV_0403] NVIDIA GeForce 8600GS
[DEV_0404] NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
[DEV_040A] NVIDIA Quadro FX 370
[DEV_040D] NVIDIA Quadro FX 1600M
[DEV_040E] NVIDIA Quadro FX 570
[DEV_040F] NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700
[DEV_0420] NVIDIA GeForce 8400 SE
[DEV_0421] NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
[DEV_0422] NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
[DEV_0423] NVIDIA GeForce 8300 GS
[DEV_0424] NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
[DEV_042F] NVIDIA Quadro NVS 290
[DEV_0600] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512
[DEV_0607] NVIDIA G92-240
[DEV_0611] NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
[DEV_061A] NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700
[DEV_0628&SUBSYS_22D71019] NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS
[DEV_0628] NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS
[DEV_0649&SUBSYS_11481734] NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
[DEV_0649&SUBSYS_22D51019] NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
[DEV_0649&SUBSYS_2F1D1509] NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
[DEV_0649] NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
[DEV_06E0] NVIDIA G98
[DEV_06E2] NVIDIA GeForce 8400
[DEV_06E4] NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
[DEV_06E9&SUBSYS_22D51019] NVIDIA NB9M-GS
[DEV_06E9] NVIDIA NB9M-GS
[DEV_0848] NVIDIA GeForce 9200
[DEV_0849] NVIDIA GeForce 8200
[DEV_084A] NVIDIA nForce 730a
[DEV_084B] NVIDIA GeForce 8200
[DEV_084C] NVIDIA nForce 780a SLI
[DEV_084D] NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI

Changelog/Release Notes

ISSUES RESOLVED

• n/a

OPEN ISSUES

• n/a

Documents

No documents.

Support

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

LV2Go driver thread v1.6.0

Edited by ®®®

Kids are in bed, INFs are made and uploaded

Guest SacredChemistry
Kids are in bed, INFs are made and uploaded

hello guys , I've never wrote on this forum before or any for that matter . but now I really have to .

I recently bought Gears of War and it requires a driver called Nvidia Forceware 163.44 for it to work correctly , so I looked for that driver on Nvidia.com but I'm running on an HP laptop with the Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS so they told me to download the driver from HP.com , and since HP.com has a lower driver(156 something) I downloaded the driver from here and it didn't even isntall after downloading cause it's not compatible with my windows vista 32-bit ???????? I really want to play this game , thanks in advance .

Guest BartucTheBloody

Just remember to download the Moddified INF wit hthe driver Chem :) just download these and the Modded INF put the modded INF into the un-zipped Drivers folder and then run the setup in the un-zipped folder (sorry if there is any spelling mistakes typing this late and without my glasses like omg!)

~Bartuc :)

What about 173.x series for Vista x64?

Any echo?

Edited by amissus

great job guys, thats the best version for sure

is there a prevision of releasing the 173 drive series for windows XP?

Gah! to many drivers to test >.< guess ill ditch the 173.60 and just try these out (makes more sense that way any who!)

Ive written on here a couple of times but no one really answers the questions. i have a HP DV6543TX 1.8ghz Core 2 Duo T7100 laptop with a 8400GS in it. Im running 4 GIG of 667mhz ram on 32bit system - 800FSB. The bios allocates 1.4gig ram to the video card, which is great. Now the issue is .....

"I CANT OVER CLOCK THE video card anymore"!

a very early driver did overclock, the 8400GS loved to be overclocked, and makes a great difference, but the newer drivers never ever overclock; nothing from this site will overclock my video card.

can anyone finally help?

Ive been overclocking for years, done everything needed, Ati tool, riva tuner, nivdia control panel and nvtune etc. Tried all the driver versions.

It lets me adjust the gpu and video memory, but when i hit apply, it simply returns to default of 400mhz again. Even 401mhz will fail.

Maybe i have missed something - a driver or something. But i certainly dont want to go back to the year old driver, as the new ones are far superior.

please help.

I have a DV6500 series too. No driver after 169.04 are overclockable on my laptop. The only way to overclock them is to flash your bios which to my understanding is risky. So if you still insist on overclocking you're stuck with 169.04.

Edited by Nfan

Oh ok, wow, i dont think i have tried those drivers YET. they are not very old either - cool. ill give it a go and see how it goes ok. Thanks a lot for the reply. How is your HP laptop going? i love mine, its a real good lappy indeed, pitty about the video card, but i dont generally play games on it, i have xbox360 with 32inch 1080p LCD for gaming now, but its still good to get the lappy going at peak speeds eh. Do you know if the CPU in these HP lappies are removable? I want to add a higher spec CPU into this one. I have a T7100 and want to put in a T7700 ish to get it up to at least 2.4ghz instead of 1.8ghz. Its hard finding info about changing the CPU out for these, even the support says its soldered to the motherboard, but i differ to agree on what the indian girl on the phone told me. lol. wonder why eh, lol. Any ideas. I know some can be, and socket P should be a socket chip, not soldered, so i think my one can, but not sure?

What did you overclock with that driver? Ati tool etc?>

Tried these; got a bluescreen when exiting 3DMark05 - will see, if it's repeating. Overclocking + CP do work.

Guest Papapishuman

Hi, I've been looking for some drivers for my nvidia 8600M GT for a while (cause ACER isn't all that great with driver support from what I've seen ;p) and just found out about this forum :)

I was wondering if these drivers would work for my GC: there's the 8600 GT in the list but would they work with the 8600M GT?

Thanks in advance and thanks for the hard work :)

Hi, I've been looking for some drivers for my nvidia 8600M GT for a while (cause ACER isn't all that great with driver support from what I've seen ;p) and just found out about this forum :)

I was wondering if these drivers would work for my GC: there's the 8600 GT in the list but would they work with the 8600M GT?

Thanks in advance and thanks for the hard work :)

yes they will, just download the "modded inf" and drop it in the folder u extracted the files to and make sure to select "replace" when windows tells u its a duplicate file name.

Guest Papapishuman
yes they will, just download the "modded inf" and drop it in the folder u extracted the files to and make sure to select "replace" when windows tells u its a duplicate file name.

Thanks for answering :) Tried it, and works without any problems (well haven't tried it in a game yet but at least my desktop isn't displayed in 800*600 :) )

Guest Happy_Guest>:-)

Nice, the 171.16 seemed to have fixed the random graphics card crashes.

173.80 seems nice. Still getting screen tear though. I'm pretty sure there was an older version for my 8600M GT that fixed that. But for now this is grand. No more blank screens or minimizing!!

Great site, thanks for the time to help the rest of us out! :)

Hello,

i have Acer laptop with go 7600 256MB. When I restart my Windows Vista Business 32-bit and leave wifi card (Intel 3945) turn on, after i log in (write password), the screen go black. Hdd still working, mouse working, but screen is still black. When I turn off wifi card, system turn on all right, after that i turn on wifi card and everything is ok. I tried 171, 173.65 and now 173.80. With modded inf i have this trouble, but other features working fine. With original .inf there is no problem with boot, but powermizer doesn´t work.

Thank you for help a sorry for my english.

Guest Golden_Eagle

I had several modded drivers installed on my Dell Inspiron 1520 (Geforce 8600M GT, Vista 32 Bit) in the last few months and never I had some bigger issues.

But with 173.80, I had already some system crashes: both a black screen after booting Vista (2x), and a flashing Vista screen - afterwards a blue screen and automatically reboot (2x). Vista is up-to-date, now I'm installing an official driver from Dell.

Drivers - OC Speed - 3DMark06 @ 1280x800

v171.16 - 620/1240/750 - 5321

v173.65 - 620/1240/750 - 5377

v173.80 - 620/1240/750 - 5418

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/6387/pict0156lx0.jpg

Best driver so far :)

Ive written on here a couple of times but no one really answers the questions. i have a HP DV6543TX 1.8ghz Core 2 Duo T7100 laptop with a 8400GS in it. Im running 4 GIG of 667mhz ram on 32bit system - 800FSB. The bios allocates 1.4gig ram to the video card, which is great. Now the issue is .....

"I CANT OVER CLOCK THE video card anymore"!

a very early driver did overclock, the 8400GS loved to be overclocked, and makes a great difference, but the newer drivers never ever overclock; nothing from this site will overclock my video card.

can anyone finally help?

Ive been overclocking for years, done everything needed, Ati tool, riva tuner, nivdia control panel and nvtune etc. Tried all the driver versions.

It lets me adjust the gpu and video memory, but when i hit apply, it simply returns to default of 400mhz again. Even 401mhz will fail.

Maybe i have missed something - a driver or something. But i certainly dont want to go back to the year old driver, as the new ones are far superior.

please help.

i had the same s*** with these newer drivers. i noticed that i had to have the lappy plugged in.. after that it worked. looks like its 17***. :)

The ONLY drivers that will OC with the 8400m GS is the 169.04 Drivers.

Driver is going into testing for HP/Compaq/VoodooPC system this evening.