LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problems with 8600M GT

Feodor

Hi!

I have a brand new Acer Aspire 5920G:

T7500 2.20 GHz Core 2 Duo

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB (1280MB shared)

TurboMemory 1GB

Windows Vista HP 32-bit

Now I've updated my drivers from Acer's support/download section.

I've set my videocard settings to it's highest (16x/16xQ) but it does nothing in games, no AA/AS and the FPS are pretty low.

I downloaded the newer drivers from Laptopvideo2go with the modded INF, but it has no effect... It's the same.

Now I think my laptop is not running on it's 100% (when looking at the specs) and my Anti-Aliasing doesn't work.

Can someone please help me? :)

Thanks in advance,

Feodor :)

Edited by Feodor

Hi!

I have a brand new Acer Aspire 5920G:

T7500 2.20 GHz Core 2 Duo

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB (1280MB shared)

TurboMemory 1GB

Windows Vista HP 32-bit

Now I've updated my drivers from Acer's support/download section.

I've set my videocard settings to it's highest (16x/16xQ) but it does nothing in games, no AA/AS and the FPS are pretty low.

I downloaded the newer drivers from Laptopvideo2go with the modded INF, but it has no effect... It's the same.

Now I think my laptop is not running on it's 100% (when looking at the specs) and my Anti-Aliasing doesn't work.

Can someone please help me? :)

Thanks in advance,

Feodor :P

I have the acer 5920G (1.5Core2duo with 8600MGT 256)

I use 169.12 with Vista32. Set your AA/AS at a fixed 4x for most games- seems to be a bug that nvidia just cant get over I believe, and a performance issue with the 8600M's. I believe down the road that the 8600 will be capable of higher Anti-Aliasing and Antrascopic but as of now it really bogs it down. I might run a couple tests since I upgraded to 4GB RAM, but I need to install vista 64 first, to get all the potential out of my RAM....however I think its really a GPU issue. I also have a giant Air Duct Fan (2x 24-volt fans) under my pc for extended rounds of bf2142....cod4 doesn't really tax it.

if you tweak the hell out of vista, disable as much as you can (coz i didnt get vista for its "rich user experience")- you should do fine as far as frame rates, esp. with the 512M dedicated. My turbocache in vista32 is 1.5GB now with that 4gb... :)

email if you have more ?'s. I'd like there to be a dedicated 8600MGT Forum honestly- a lot of people seems to be getting laptops with them.

ridingdirtyface@yahoo.com

"Set your AA/AS at a fixed 4x for most games"

What do you mean by that?

Well.. I can run COD4 very well.. At it highest resolution and AA off (in Cod4) and normal/high settings. It looks really good and I have around 50-95 FPS...

BUT, I want to run Flight Simulator, and without any Anti Aliasing it's as ugly as hell.. So I need to get that AA/AS to work and get the most out of my system.

Oh, and what I also wanted to know is; which driver(s) do you guys recommend me for better performance AND aa/as? :)

Maybe cause FS is a heavy game :)

Try running 3Dmark06.

Edited by Redempt

lol, FS isn't heavy at all.. and still that would be no reason for no AA.

the FPS are prettry good now, I only need to get that *^$*@& AA &AS to work!!!

HELP ME!

• 3 months later...
Guest guest from a few posts ago
Isn't there just SOMEONE?! :|

I wish...i guess the 8600M-GT is frinally become a bit more mainstream...and of course most are skipping it by and going for 8800M's and the 9 series...im sure the 200GTX crap will be all the rage soon....the industry needs to take a hint from COD4 and realize they dont need psychotic hardware rollouts every 5 months, they just need better coders...(oh wait then they wouldn't have their little self-serving industry and make trillions...)

Ok.. have read all posts. Let me get it correct first. You have not got any Anti-Aliasing at all?

In the nvidia control panel you cna choose what you want it set to. Or you can choose the application seperately and what you want it set to for that app.

Have you tried this?

What driver and forceware are you running? are you overclocking? Is the memory in your 8600 DDR2, or DDR3?

Holy s*** Wook, you and I almost have the same exact systems.

Speaking of which--which drivers do YOU run?

Holy s*** Wook, you and I almost have the same exact systems.

Speaking of which--which drivers do YOU run?

sory for the late reply...

Well 174.74 has been FANTASTIC for me over the past 2 months. By far the best drivers!!

At the moment i'm trying 177 out (keep reading). Its pretty good, BUT..... when i installed them last week, i suddenly got this downclocking thing happening. Soo... i tried everything to stop it... finally did a format of C:\ and a clean install...

but... it was still happening. I found a fix, but have sacraficed other aspects of my system to do it. I would love to go back in time and not try another driver.

If i knew then what i know now, i would never have changed from 174.74

Did i mention 174.74 is exellent? haha

Edited by wook