LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.12 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA

®®®

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

no bugs so far. a lil boost in fps. has any1 with an inspiron 1520 been able to use this with s-video tv out? mine still doesnt work

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reinholt

• anonymous1986

• adz

• Templar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

works fine, but not better than 173.65.

no bugs so far. a lil boost in fps. has any1 with an inspiron 1520 been able to use this with s-video tv out? mine still doesnt work

These are DESKTOP DRIVERS, so I'd suggest getting a WHQL mobile driver such as 167.59 to get the laptop s-video working.

Guest Anthony

Is anyone else being linked to a download of "174.12_WinVista-32bit_PHK.zip" that is 59.7 MB? Also, the download is stopping within the first 2 minutes at seemingly random intervals (first try was ~ 800 KB, latest try stopped at exactly 2.00 MB). I am aware of the server troubles, just making sure it is not my PC's slow internet connection playing havoc here and randomly logging me off the internet (I am connected to a wireless network that requires me to log in after every restart of the PC).

-Anthony

Well these drivers rock... and on a side note I hate Nvidia lol... Stupid overnight drivers >_> can never get to fully test the other ones so.... I just did these instead :) .

ill cut this short because I'm in the middle of working on some game documents. Simply put for the G2S laptops and maybe G1 laptops these are damn good.

Guest eL niNio Posted Today, 01:41 AM

Anyone know witch driver are best for Asus G1S ?

I would have to say these at this moment in time, NiNio.

EDIT: also if you cannot download the drivers from this site because of the server errors just type "174.12 forceware" into Google and you can find the site these were pulled from to begin with :) then just take Lap2go's modified INF and your GTG.

Edited by Bartuc

Guest the.lorrr

i also get that 59.8-MB-zip file but with my 100mbit-connection in boarding school i currently am at about 9 MB and it is still loading on the first try. but it is slow. damn slow. well, at least for my standard (500 KB/s min ;-)) 35 KB/s is slow... Don't know how you guys iut there get it. But well if the driver is good i'd even let it download over night.

Anyone tested this with M1730 or any SLi set-uped Laptops?

thanks.

These drivers work alright, but Elder Scrolls 4 saw a drop in performance (was stutterring, lower FPS). I'll stick with 173.65 for now, which ran s-video great, and runs ES4 with 2x antialiasing smooth.

HP dv9700z

1.9ghz dual core AMD Turion 64

GeForce 8400M GS

2GB DDR2 ram

Guest Jacob Korf

Using this driver too! It's a very good driver, but i still can't overclock my pretty little geforce 8400 :P

Although rivatuner will release version 2.07 this week and guess what :) :::::

It WILL support 174.12 to OC on any Videocard :thumbsup:

Thnx for keeping up the good work MobileNvidia and Unwinder :)

Increased performance with these although i formerly used 169.04 (the only one to OC).

I'm curious what this driver does when i overclock it with rivatuner 2.07 :P (when using other drivers my core get back to default)

Sorry for bad english :rofl:

Greetz

Guest Jacob Korf
GeForce 8600M GT 512MB

Vista:Aero: 4,8 -> 4,6

3D Mark 06: 4137 -> 4040

I cannot really recognize a better performance in games. Maybe COD4 and Crysis get 1-2 fps more...

Your former Aero score is based on..... what driver version? Can you please be more specific?

Thnx in advance

This driver performs much faster for me, especially in high resolutions, but it is very unstable.

I have noticed three particular issues so far, none of which occured with the 169.28 driver:

1. Crysis starts to slow down to about 5-10 FPS at totally random intervals, usually after at least 1 hour of play

2. Going from Windowed mode to Fullscreen and/or changing resolutions can sometimes crash the display driver, preventing it from reinitializing (requires restart)

3. Opening up too many windows whilst Aero is active can do the same thing

4. It BSOD's when you least expect it to

5. The control panel seems even more sluggish than before

I'm using a dual screen setup with an 8800 GTX.

So, my opinion would be to stick with the 169.28 driver until they iron out these show-stopper issues.

Regards,

P.

Edited by Pawel

Hello everybody.

I don't know if it's the good topic to ask you. If i'am on the wrong way, i apologize.

I have a SLi of 8800 M GTX. Somebody has the same?

I don't find good drivers to my little SLi 8800 M GTX.

What do you recommend me?

I tried some drivers but unsuccesfully.

Thank you in advance.

Hello everybody.

I don't know if it's the good topic to ask you. If i'am on the wrong way, i apologize.

I have a SLi of 8800 M GTX. Somebody has the same?

I don't find good drivers to my little SLi 8800 M GTX.

What do you recommend me?

I tried some drivers but unsuccesfully.

Thank you in advance.

We recommend the latest drivers from the 169 or later series for maximum SLi compatibility, especially with non-nForce SLi chipsets like the Intel 945/965 chipsets. I highly recommend you attempt these 174 series drivers first or use the drivers supplied by your laptop OEM as they release them.

As for me, I'm getting good quality performance from these with few bugs at all. My INF for HP/Compaq/VoodooPC will be updated soon to match these.

And to the 2 people who had errors... I fail to see how you got them from a StandBy I place my laptop into StandBy daily and Ive gotten no BSODs.

I have the 167.55 drivers provided by Dell. With this driver i play to CoD 4 in 1900x1200, full option, AA full with 60 fps max and 35 fps min. But i have a little score to 3D Mark 06 (approx. 10850), it's seems very lower, no? (i have a T 7700 with 2 Gb of ram). i tried the 174.13 but with this new drivers i lose 10 fps with Crysis.

I will try the 169.XX

Thanks for the advice.

I installed these drivers and when i restarted i have nothing on the screen and the laptop continously restarts. I cant even get the bios screen. Can anyone help??!!?

Thanks in advance

Adz

press F8 some seconds befor Windows is loading but after the BIOS finished. The Save Mode. In Save mode you can uninstall the driver.