LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.12 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA

®®®

33 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Edit:

I had several overheating issues with this driver. GPU heated up to 96C during COD4 and the laptop made an emergency shutdown :)

I went back to 196.09 just in case.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• reinholt

• anonymous1986

• adz

• Templar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I installed this driver and games like NFS Pro street worked well :) . But I am not able to play old games like Track Mania ESWC :) . How to make them work with this driver.

Hi everyone out there! :)

Enjoying the driver rain? :P

Well, I have been using 169.09 for a long time, and it works great.

I had the "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding" problem with the original drivers for my laptop.

With 169.09, I have only seen it once, and I hopefully won't see it a lot in the furture.

A few days ago, I decided to give this driver a try, because that people said it was good for crysis.

It was a very good driver in performance, but then suddenly. WOW!

The screen started to flicker (black, image, black, image, black, image....)

And the graphics (the windows startbar and the desktop it self) was artifacting. :)

I stopped it by logging out and in again.

Because of this, I will not recommend this driver.

It is performing well, but in comparision to the 169.09, it isn't worth having those artifacts from time to time.

Therefore, I will now go back to that driver. It is very stable (169.09)

Guest StormEffect
A few days ago, I decided to give this driver a try, because that people said it was good for crysis.

It was a very good driver in performance, but then suddenly. WOW!

The screen started to flicker (black, image, black, image, black, image....)

And the graphics (the windows startbar and the desktop it self) was artifacting. :)

I stopped it by logging out and in again.

Because of this, I will not recommend this driver.

It is performing well, but in comparision to the 169.09, it isn't worth having those artifacts from time to time.

Therefore, I will now go back to that driver. It is very stable (169.09)

Confirmed. Tested on TWO Macbook Pro 8600m GT 256MB laptops. Extreme artifacting and flickering occurs after several days of use and reoccurs at random intervals after that.

I would recommend against this driver, while performance improves, the freakish flickering is quite unsettling.

Has anyone been using 169.28 Drivers and then switched to these ?

I am asking as with 169.28 I have been geting good results. Just would like to know how the 169.28 compare

to therse drivers ?

Is it worth changing ? I ma playing crysis - its a difficult game if you can not play it without interruptions.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everybody.

I don't know if it's the good topic to ask you. If i'am on the wrong way, i apologize.

I have a SLi of 8800 M GTX. Somebody has the same?

I don't find good drivers to my little SLi 8800 M GTX.

What do you recommend me?

I tried some drivers but unsuccesfully.

Thank you in advance.

Hey.. I have the same monster as you got.. Ive maneged to get 14000p+ whith the drivers that dell got on their homepage.. Much better than them you get whith your system.. And no BSOD.. But with crysis ive tryed 17431 and the average fsp was a little bit better but some BSOD.. Some driver you can try is: 174.31, 174.20 and 173.80.. Please wright if you find other drivers or something thats fits this monster..

Note: My specs are: 3,4 ghz processor, 8800gtx sli, 4gig ram, 320 gig 7200rpm harddrive... :) post-15020-1205143495_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

have a Gateway FX P6831 =

Intel® Pentium Core? 2 Duo processor T5450

1.67 GHz | 2 MB L2 cache | 667 MHz FSB

Intel® PM965

17-inch Ultrabright WXGA+ TFT (1440 × 900)

3078 MB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (1 × 1024, 1 × 2048)

Operates at 667 MHz

Vista Premium Home

"NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS

With 512 MB of GDDR3"

This driver will go through the install processs but end results will show it did not install.

this driver will not install.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi! I have 8600M-GT 512 Mb and this driver. But with 174.12 i see that FPS falls at 10-15. In Prince of Persia Two Thrones, NFS MW, Fantasy Wars and others i play as in "slowmo", and i see this effect in all drivers >169.04 (169.04 is the best for me) . Why? Everybody say that this driver is cool. Can You help me? //sorry for my bad english

Yeah dude, if youre getting "slowmo", its because that particular game isnt compatible with mobile graphics cards. at least, thats the case with The Two thrones. I kno coz i bought the prince of persia trilogy only to find each game running in "slowmo". so in conclusion, its not the driver's fault