LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.12 XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

I had to click the link three times, than it worked with download.

I applied the driver several hours ago on both my computers with NVidia cards (laptop with 7600 Go and desktop with 8800 GTX) - works perfectly!!! And - for the first time since maybe 80 series I am fully satisfied with TV OUT. The size is really about 70 Mb.

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

Installed the driver fine. Just like the 171 version, it doesn't detect my external analog LCD panel.

*Edit: Okay, it seems to be specific to the Samsung 171n LCD panel that I have. I connected my Gateway LCD (to analog) and it enabled fine. Then I simply unplugged the monitor and plugged in the Samsung. It works now! Annoying, but works for now. I guess something in the 17X driver causes it to not detect the Samsung 171N.

Edited by sleewok

how to dowload this driver. Then click driver starting dowload http://www.electronicpunk.com/forceware/17...P-32bit_PHK.zip (70 mb)

What about Driver Size: 36.99 MB&

Read the news pages for why :)

Downloaded the driver this morning, installed fine, no problems, very sable in games, sli and poweroptimizer and smartdimmer is working. I gain a few frames more when working in max 08.

Crysis

I didn't see any good numbers out of this one. Kinda strange inconsistent behavior, at lower settings higher performance than the 171.23 but less performance under high settings! Very High (via config edit) seems equal to 171.23 again.

Benches done under XP 32, C2D 6750@3GHz, 2GB RAM, 8800GT @ 670MHz

crysis_bench.png

Edited by randfee

Hey could anyone please tell me how would this driver work on my Geforce Go 7950 GTX, in past few weeks I have been trying modded Inf drivers and all of them have given me poor results compared to the one that I originally recieved from DELL. Could some one please let me know asap???

Guest Abgrund

Does anyone know if DualView is working with these drivers?

The past releases don't support a second digital monitor... they

only detected analog.

I have a Dell M1710 with a 7950 gtx card, and I have an external

monitor running as my primary, with my laptop screen as the

secondary monitor. The external monitor is running analog at the

moment, since the current drivers I'm using don't support digital.

Thanks!!

Guest tr_Nv_GO

Hi,

I have a problem with playing videos.My card is Go 7300 on an ASUS A6vm laptop. When i use these drivers there are lags with divx,mp4,avi videos.Every 5-6 seconds it lags.

I installed 84.63,167.58 from official Asus driver. There is no problem with videos.But the performance in games worse.

174.12 or 171.16 ..... these are good and better in games but problem with video playback.

Do you have advice?

Guest AluminumHaste

I'm getting great performance in Crysis with SLI on my XPS M1730, but also getting lots of graphics corruption. Looks like the chip is getting too hot, getting weird polygons on the screen that are at weird angles.

Does anyone know if DualView is working with these drivers?

The past releases don't support a second digital monitor... they

only detected analog.

I have a Dell M1710 with a 7950 gtx card, and I have an external

monitor running as my primary, with my laptop screen as the

secondary monitor. The external monitor is running analog at the

moment, since the current drivers I'm using don't support digital.

Thanks!!

Yes, it does.

Guest SuzuKube
Hi,

I have a problem with playing videos.My card is Go 7300 on an ASUS A6vm laptop. When i use these drivers there are lags with divx,mp4,avi videos.Every 5-6 seconds it lags.

I installed 84.63,167.58 from official Asus driver. There is no problem with videos.But the performance in games worse.

174.12 or 171.16 ..... these are good and better in games but problem with video playback.

Do you have advice?

Same ¨Problem here :) I go back to the 169.21 and no problem at all excepti i can't setting my video contrast.... I have a go7200.

I have voted "NOT satisfied" for this driver. Here is the reason, the only one:

It installed fine on my Acer laptop (Geforce Go 7300), I could overclock using rivatuner, and everythings seemed fine.

I then tried a quite old game: Medal of honor Allied Assault. The display is completely messed up in the main screen (impossible to see anything). Moved back to 171.23, and it was OK.

Guest TlMoment

Best Driver for my Asus G1S Geforce 8600m GT

169.28 = 3200 + MARK

171.16 = 3200 + MArk

174.12 = 4600 + MArk !!!! Very Good! Best is Best Driver for me ...

Options 3D Mark all Hight !! 1024 * 768 other all hight.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cuneyt

Hi Guys,

I have very limited on the laptops graph cards.

I have M1530 laptop with Nvidea 8600 GT.

Could you pls kindly advice if i can use this driver? is it the best and most updated one?

Pls advice.

PS: How i could understand if this driver is working better then previous of mine?ANy testing method?

BR

No way.... :)

In my GeForce 7300 (Dell Inspiron 6400) there is no way I can make it work :)

Returning back to the Dell official "nVidia GeForce Go 7300, GeForce Go 7400, Driver, Windows XP, Multi Language, Inspiron MM061, XPS MXC062, v. 84.69 (MS 6.14.10.8469), A01" drivers