LaptopVideo2Go Forums

No way Crysis..

JohnnyHong

Ive heard Ex-bond talking about all those games he got pumped up to high details on his 128vram 8400M. He didnt mention Crysis however i have heard of people who played Crysis fairly well on medium or sometimes low with a good average fps of 20+.

I have an nVidia 8400M GT which is wayy more powerful than that of Ex-bonds and i have immense lag when i play Crysis even when i turned everything on lowest. I get about 15 fps on ULTRA LOW. WTF?! I have 256mb dedicated ram and 1008mb total.

I have latest drivers for my Windows Vista 32-bit..167.45 forceware. Do i have to install a specific driver to run Crysis properly? cuz the default settings for the game were at Medium quality so i think I would be able to play it with atleast 25fps on medium.

Also it was the demo...so...that does something?

Plez answer!

B4 u guys sayin that this isnt a gaming GPU and its not meant to run Crysis, it CAN run it but just need to tweak the card

that is a riduculously low end GPU to be trying to play Crysis with, much less arguing about which is faster... but if you want to eek out a few extra frames... add -dx9 to the shortcut's target. since you're running vista it runs in DX10 mode by default, which is dog slow.

Edited by blah238

Hi there

Don't know what problem you have, but I just want to confirm that I played the demo version of Crysis on a NVS140M, with all settings on low (is there a difference between the demo and the full game?). It was very playable; I'd say 30+ fps. Maybe download another driver and try, sometimes the latest is not the best for a given game/app.

hope it helps...

Where do i add the -dx9...it says its invalid

like this except -dx9 instead of devmode. just some image i found on google.

devmode.jpg

Thanks, but i still ahve the same framrate...Do i have to isntall better driver for Crysis compatibility? i saw this guy on youtube playing crysis on an 8400M GS on low with 30 fps...i dont even get that and my card is stronger :)

HI,

First of all yes theres a difference between the full game and the demo,

The patch for the fullgame speeds up the game for about 20 percent...

And i played the demo with my 8600M GT 512MB on low and had not more than 20fps...but in the full game i had with a very new driver about 20 fps at middle :)

Greetz

PS:Im from Germany and cant english that good please take care of that :D

I'd get some newer drivers. Try the 173 or 174 series drivers as they're optimized for vista and crysis much more than your 167.45 is.

Just download the drivers from this site and make sure to download the modded INF to replace the origional and you should be on your way with the installation.

Doing the above should make the game playable on your card.

(I have an 8400M GS and I can play crisis on LOW 1024x768 with FPS in the mid 20's, and low 30's on LOW 800x600.

Edited by DriverDummy

do i have to install drivers specific to run Crysis better? or patch up the demo.

the latest is going to be the fastest. and there is no patch for the demo. besides the retail patched version isn't going to run much better than the demo, at least I didn't notice a difference.

basically what you have is what you get.

• 1 month later...
that is a riduculously low end GPU to be trying to play Crysis with, much less arguing about which is faster... but if you want to eek out a few extra frames... add -dx9 to the shortcut's target. since you're running vista it runs in DX10 mode by default, which is dog slow.

its not low end at all:P

get 174.70 driver for crysis, its the best driver for crysis and other dx10 games

Gaming experience doesn't only rely on GPU speed.

You also need to take pipelines, bus speeds and shader frequency in to a count.

And also aside the graphics card, the system around has a role too.

For optimal gaming you need fast memory, a good processor.

Depending on the subchoices you made on your notebook, it looks like you have a nice processor, so I don't see how that's a problem.

I got an 8600M gt overclocked a little bit and cannot play on high. i would not belive what Ex-bond say.

My crysis just runs average 35+ if i turn to 800x600 and med. details. i play patch 1.1 and i don't think between 1.1 and 1.2 is such a big diff.

anyway i just think that this guy is a Liar.