LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.16 XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

drv_forcewarex.gif  nVIDIA ForceWare X 174.16 for Windows XP/2K 32bit

drv_inf.gifModded INF | drv_quickstart.gifQuickstart Guide

Operating System: Windows XP/2K 32bit

Driver Version: 174.16

Driver Date: 2008-02-19 (YYYY-MM-DD)

Driver Size: 37.04 MB

Driver Released by: NVIDIA

MS WHQL Certificate: False

Setup Files Included: True

International Files: True

Comments

No comments.

Original INF only supports:

[DEV_0622] NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

Changelog/Release Notes

ISSUES RESOLVED

• n/a

OPEN ISSUES

• n/a

Documents

No documents.

Support

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

LV2Go driver thread v1.6.0

Downlaoded the international driver by nVidia, used latest modded inf, all things works!!!

Best Driver For Windows XP Media Center with 8500GT Desktop

Those are all New and Useful

? Manage Custom Resolutions

? Adjust Television Color Settings

? Adjust Screen Size and Position

? Move CRT Position

Guest Inspiron 1520 owner

I'm useing GF 8600m GT, and I've noticed that it's slower then ForceWare 171.16. 3DMark 2006 score went down by 100 points ;/ Does anyone know how it works in games? I'm playing only The Witcher, so it's difficult for me to evaluate driver in other way than useing 3Dmarks :)

I just updated from 169.04 to these drivers

Cs Source stress test on the 169.04 was 208 FPS at my settings and these drivers made it go down to 203 FPS. not much really. Very smooth though and the test was less glitchy than with the 169s

Crysis test with the 169s at 1440X900 med settings was 34 FPS on the first pass and 40 FPS on the second.

With these drivers the first pass was 37 FPS and on the second pass 42 FPS.

Also for those who have a Dell XPS M1730 who were experiencing the reboot hang problem at the welcome screen with XP using any driver over 169.04, that problem is gone with these drivers.

have fun :)

I'm thinking these are official BETAs released by Nvidia just for the 9600GT and not the recent sporadic leaks from other vendors. I am curious as to what they are truly geared for.

Just benched the driver. note ---> 8700M GT SLI (1024MB VID RAM STOCKCLOCKS)

3d mark '06 w/o oc : 8145 (171.16 non-whql)

3d mark '06 w/o oc : 8130 (174.16 non-whql)

so... same thing. BUT NOTICED, smoother in

- Counter-Strike : Source

- Collin McRae : Dirt

other games didnt seem to make a difference. thanks all! y'all been very helpfull! since i got ma 1730 from dell.

***No OC cuz my stupid system gets lower scores like 8125 when it is overclocked... don't fuc*in know why. :@*** any clues ?

this one was a bit faster then previous.... and stable as far as I can tell...

tested under XP32

crysis_bench.png

Guest Shane Woyak

I have a Dell XPS M1710 with the 7950GTX card, and after gaming for awhile (Red Orchestra) it powered down because it was reading too hot, although it doesn't seem any hotter than before. Previously I was using the latest Nvidia driver, then installed the 174.16 from this website. Anyone else with this same setup found a more stable driver?

Guest Avenger411

You know what !?! i think i got that problem! :) unfortunately.... My 1730 crashed out of nowhere in

R6 : Vegas

Audiosurf

trying to figure out why. wasn't doing that before. workin on it, i'll probably find a way to fix this. i'll come back to y'all when i'll be done with it.

Got a M1710 with the 7950 gtx: Same problem of power down due to heat since the 169 version.

Running much hotter than with the original drivers, which came with the notebook, where it immediately runs cooler.

But after really cleaning the fans nicely and installing the Fan Controller "I8kfanGUI" it gives me not more than 60° on the CPU and 80° on the GPU, and I use it with am ambient Temp of around 35° here in Africa.

Hope, it helps.

Well i've been using 174.16 a couple of days now and noticed a few problems. Previously I had 169.04 with few problems, other than i felt like trying something new really.

TF2 jumps around sometimes.

C&C 3 has black squares when scrolling sometimes

Call of duty 4 freezes sometimes when turning.

So I've just installed the 171.17 today for the first time as a downgrade from 174.16, purely because nobody else seems to have been interested in them as there's only 1 post in the forum.

I just played TF2 and it flies.

No more black squares in C&C 3

CoD4 is much better when turning around quickly.

If it stays this way with UT3 i'll keep the 171s instead.

Just decrease the 'Maximum Pre-rendered Frames' value and this keyboard/mouse lag should disappear in 174.16.

---

Well i've been using 174.16 a couple of days now and noticed a few problems. Previously I had 169.04 with few problems, other than i felt like trying something new really.

TF2 jumps around sometimes.

C&C 3 has black squares when scrolling sometimes

Call of duty 4 freezes sometimes when turning.

Edited by hola

Jes You Can, But i don't no that is usefull. Because the new Driver optimize the new Cards. The GF 7600 (like mine but with 512MB) is to old. nVidia don't care about the optimizing of these card..

and often it is so that the new driver are slower in older games then older driver. but older grafic cards are to slow for new games, so it is not usefull to use new drivers for old grafic cards.

what about using these drivers for an NVIDIA GeForce GO 7900GTX? The 512mb one. I am using 169.28 still right now and wondering if I should update.

Can anybody check if the SmartDimer is working?

I'm Compal IFL90 user with WinXP and smartdimer doesn't want to work at all. I need to change bisplay brightness profile settings so bad and this one is the only chance. :)

Hi there! Is anybody here who have tested this driver on 8400M GS? I have HP Pavilion dv6760er (Russian edition) and wonder if I could use this driver.

P.S. Sorry for my rude English.

No way.... :)

In my GeForce 7300 (Dell Inspiron 6400) there is no way I can make it work :)

Returning back to the Dell official "nVidia GeForce Go 7300, GeForce Go 7400, Driver, Windows XP, Multi Language, Inspiron MM061, XPS MXC062, v. 84.69 (MS 6.14.10.8469), A01" drivers

Guest Erman
Hi everyone!

I have a go 7600 256mb PCIexpress 16x on my HP Pavillion dv9000 series,can I use these drivers???

Jes You Can, But i don't no that is usefull. Because the new Driver optimize the new Cards. The GF 7600 (like mine but with 512MB) is to old. nVidia don't care about the optimizing of these card..

and often it is so that the new driver are slower in older games then older driver. but older grafic cards are to slow for new games, so it is not usefull to use new drivers for old grafic cards.

Drivers installed and working perfect!

I don't have problems until now.

I'm playing quietly Crysis,Gears of War and Half Life 2

Best driver ever... at least playing NFS PROSTREET

30 FPS constantly... no more stuttering every 10 minutes

3dmark scores were pretty normal

3dmark05 = 6367

3dmark06 = 3765

on the other hand, temps were pretty good... 85C tops, after 1 hour of intense playing

Edited by torresortiz