LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Cannot update video drivers

tjsanda

Hello, I have a strange question for everyone.

I have a Gateway P6831 FX laptop with the Geforce 8800M GTS video card. When I first bought it, I played around with the drivers from here and all worked with no problems. Then I upgraded the processor to a T7700 and reinstalled Windows Vista. After the new install, The only driver that will install is the original Gateway driver. It is version 167.46.

Every time I try an apdated driver it goes through the installation process very fast and says completed, but never actually changes anything. Still reads as 167.46. I have tried uninstalling, cleaning with Driver Cleaner and Driver Sweeper, and reinstalling. My next step is to reformat again and start all over. Unless someone has some ideas for this. I have never had this kind of problem before. It is really bugging me.

I have a Gateway P6831 FX laptop with the Geforce 8800M GTS video card. When I first bought it, I played around with the drivers from here and all worked with no problems. Then I upgraded the processor to a T7700 and reinstalled Windows Vista. After the new install, The only driver that will install is the original Gateway driver. It is version 167.46.

Every time I try an apdated driver it goes through the installation process very fast and says completed, but never actually changes anything. Still reads as 167.46. I have tried uninstalling, cleaning with Driver Cleaner and Driver Sweeper, and reinstalling. My next step is to reformat again and start all over. Unless someone has some ideas for this. I have never had this kind of problem before. It is really bugging me.

I'm having the same issue, but I did manage to get the 171.16 driver working on Vista x64.

• 1 month later...
Guest blindberg

I have the same problem: can only install 167

Have tried 174.74, 174.31, etc., using the mod inf.