LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can't get Dell 2005 FPW Resolution Correct $25 REWARD!

mexor

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 with a NVIDIA GeForce FX Go 5200 graphics card.

I also have a Dell 2005 FPW Monitor (20.1 Inch Native Resolution 1680 x 1050).

When I first got this monitor 2-3 years ago it worked fine as a second monitor for my laptop. However I started having a few weird problems with my computer and formatted it. When I reinstalled the drivers my monitor was having weird problems. It could go into 1680 x 1050, but a lot of times when I restarted it the resolution would be different, the screens DualView position would be messed up, etc. Now it won't even go into 1680 x 1050.

I did Windows Updates, installed the 169 version of the Nvidia driver. No luck. I then tried downgrading to 84.25 (which I'm currently on) with a modified INF file. Now I have an option to get to 1680 x 1050 on my monitor however it doesn't work correctly. I can only see the middle of my screen (when I maximize things I can't see the top of windows). Also it is really blurry when I have it in this mode. The only resolution I can it to work with is 1280 x 1024 (not widescreen).

I think the problem is the GeForce FX card does not recognize the 2005 monitor. When going to nView Display Settings it sees "Laptop Display" and "Analog Display" .. when before it used to recognize it as Dell 2005 FPW. (I have also installed the 2005 FPW driver). I'm almost positive it has to do with the Nvidia card, as I've tried a different 22" monitor whose max resolution was 1650 x 1080 also, and it also didn't work.

If anyone can find a way to get my monitor back to the correct resolution this I will happily pay them $25. I can do PayPal, buy you something for $25, or transfer you $25 on any online Poker site.

Let me know. Thanks

-Dave

I had a problem similar to this using my AOC 210v. I fixed it by changing the refresh rate of the monitor to it's optimum 60 Hz. You can try this by going to the display settings and clicking advanced and under the monitor tab.

I had a problem similar to this using my AOC 210v. I fixed it by changing the refresh rate of the monitor to it's optimum 60 Hz. You can try this by going to the display settings and clicking advanced and under the monitor tab.

Already at 60 Hertz =(

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 with a NVIDIA GeForce FX Go 5200 graphics card.

I also have a Dell 2005 FPW Monitor (20.1 Inch Native Resolution 1680 x 1050).

When I first got this monitor 2-3 years ago it worked fine as a second monitor for my laptop. However I started having a few weird problems with my computer and formatted it. When I reinstalled the drivers my monitor was having weird problems. It could go into 1680 x 1050, but a lot of times when I restarted it the resolution would be different, the screens DualView position would be messed up, etc. Now it won't even go into 1680 x 1050.

I did Windows Updates, installed the 169 version of the Nvidia driver. No luck. I then tried downgrading to 84.25 (which I'm currently on) with a modified INF file. Now I have an option to get to 1680 x 1050 on my monitor however it doesn't work correctly. I can only see the middle of my screen (when I maximize things I can't see the top of windows). Also it is really blurry when I have it in this mode. The only resolution I can it to work with is 1280 x 1024 (not widescreen).

I think the problem is the GeForce FX card does not recognize the 2005 monitor. When going to nView Display Settings it sees "Laptop Display" and "Analog Display" .. when before it used to recognize it as Dell 2005 FPW. (I have also installed the 2005 FPW driver). I'm almost positive it has to do with the Nvidia card, as I've tried a different 22" monitor whose max resolution was 1650 x 1080 also, and it also didn't work.

If anyone can find a way to get my monitor back to the correct resolution this I will happily pay them $25. I can do PayPal, buy you something for $25, or transfer you $25 on any online Poker site.

Let me know. Thanks

-Dave

It's hard to say what the problem is but I think the first thing I would go after in your situation is that paper weight you are using for a video card.

I can deffinately feel your pain as I have suffered through the woes of using an FX card.

The FX series cards were not nVidias finest hour especially the 5200.

Does that thing even support that resolution without being forced?

Before you install each new driver are you uninstalling the old one?

But, I really think you should replace that video card if it is possible, which I am almost sure you can't as it is most likely integrated.

Also, try using your monitor with a computer that you know supports that resolution it could be a monitor problem which is not likley.

I know this is not what you want to hear but good luck anyway.

• 1 month later...
Guest TechGeek

The geforce 5200 will only do 1600x1200. It wont go up to 1680. I know, I have that exact monitor and had to upgrade the video card when I got it to be able to use it. Time to upgrade the card or run at 1280x1024. You can set the monitor to not stretch the picture, which makes it useful if you have an older system on the VGA input. Or have a tuner hooked up to composite. Hope this helps.