LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.31 VISTA 32bit | ACER, ASUS, DELL, LENOVO

mobilenvidia

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Edited by ®®®

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• GaryHook

• Dox

• djrayon

are these http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=17736 these?

I was REALLY HARDLY LOOKING for them. I cant get them from MS Update anylonger. I just reformated my drive (2 days ago) and installed everything. I got the best perf. with those drivers from MS thats why i want these :)

Working on them now :)

Will be sometime MS update is slow and I need to make the modded INFs with all the GPU's added

since i have an asus 8600m gt card do i still have to use to modded inf file?

Modded INFs are up.

Drivers are uploading, give them about 15min to finish.

The 2 models on the XXODD website are Clevo based.

Everything is uploaded.

Guest Guest

hi!

I got a Gateway laptop with 8800M GTS...8800M GTS is in the support list of the original INF, so why won't it let me update it? (it cant find compatible hardware)

Guest Daoer

Hello, i'm a bit mixed up right now. I have an ASUS based laptop with NVidia GeForce 8600m GS (256 mb). I saw peple's comment on 173 drivers downloads section, and some say it works so great they are afraid to try this one (the 174). I mean, could anyone recomend what to use, in simple words, like for a person that doesn't know a lot about these things? :) Thanks for the hard work though. Oh and, would these in anny chance fix probs with KotoR game series on Vista, or is this purely Vista's problem? :) Thank You in advance for the answers.

Guest Daoer
hi!

I got a Gateway laptop with 8800M GTS...8800M GTS is in the support list of the original INF, so why won't it let me update it? (it cant find compatible hardware)

Check out the topics, there are explanations in every second one of them to use the modded INF or the have-Disc method.

So of all the 174.31 drivers, the 32bit Vista one is the only one not from Dell? hmmm annoying!

Also can anyone with a Dell XPS M1710 report if these drivers run at a higher temp when idle? Anything above 60C is too hot for me! (I'd do it myself but I've spent so long this weekend already testing drivers and cleaning out old onces that I can't face doing it again!)

Edited by WetSawdustDemon

Got my 8600m Gs from 4.8 to 5.2 rating :)

Guest Guest

i have Acer aspire 7720 G

-Intel core t7700, 3 ddr2, 8600M GT 512 and hd dvd - acer deluuxe

-174.31 vista is working but hd dvd NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why ???? maybe you know good driver to this laptop and hd dvd !!!!!!!!!!!!

THX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there seem to be five infs in the original inf's zip file. What is the nv_dispd for? If I have a Dell should I copy the the nvdm in addition to the nv_dispd? Also does the modified inf support all laptops or is it just for acer? Thanks

the modded inf will work for all laptops, regradless of manufacture.

i can confirm that this driver downclocks the 8800MGTX.

from 500/800 - 275/301 when playing games.

so far stock drivers seems to be the best, strange indeed

Hey there .

Best Driver for my Laptop so far.

Got a 160 Pts up in 3D Mark and also Driver seems to be very stable, need to check for any fps increase in games.

the modded inf will work for all laptops, regradless of manufacture.

i can confirm that this driver downclocks the 8800MGTX.

from 500/800 - 275/301 when playing games.

so far stock drivers seems to be the best, strange indeed

Cheers thanks for that!

the driver works great on my configuration... thanks!

damn!!! aero is just slower with EVERY other driver except the driver that i got from sony update site ... i have a sony vaio vgn-ar41l and the gpu is geforce 8400m gt. the driver that i got from vaio update is forceware 101.xx something (OMG). last week i got some update from MS and that update my driver to 174.xx (i bet 31) and it worked EVEN better then. so 2 days before i decided to reformat my harddrive and reinstalled everything and now im searching my "best" driver again. i dont get it from ms update - this driver aero experience is way bad :) - animatsions are "slow" or smthng like with every other driver i've got from laptopvideo.

the driver which i've download from sony had perfect aero experience. everything was fast and pure.

Vista Experience Index showed 5.8 for Aero Experience and 5.2 for game experience

With the latest drivers it shows 4.9 for Aero and 5.4 for games. (any other drivers gives me also 4.9 for aero and 5.2-5.3 for games).

Whats up with my driver problem? Where can i get normal drivers for my sony (those from vaio update are unstable).

Here is the 3dmark06 results. My specs are Dell Inspiron 9400, intel 2 core duo at 2gh, 2MB Ram and a 9700GS.

167.45: 3470 marks

167.59: 3462 marks

173.65: 3487 marks

174.31: 3441 marks

Sadly the 174.31 driver on Vista 32 bit appears to be the slowest. I'm not too bothered as 3dmark06 as we play games in the real world. This driver is WHQL and is the latest one out there. In real world games such as Crysis and COD4, this driver performs as good as the rest of them....

Guest buryer

hello everyone i have asus f3sv and 8600m gs graphics. i have problems with drivers. i have tested all of them. İ have dual boot on my laptop and no problem in xp but vista gives this message nvlddmkm has stopped responding but has recovered. Anybody knows the solution? sorry for my bad english :)

174.31 is the best benchmarker so far on 3DMark 03, 05 and 06 for me!

I just installed the drivers with no problems, and now windows aero doesn't work. I deleted all inf files and replaced with the one for acer in the zipped folder before installing. I can't even see the rotating nvidia logo in the nvidia control window... what's up with that??? do i have to install the modified inf for my Geforce Go 7300? by the way my lappy is an Acer :)