LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.31 VISTA 32bit | ACER, ASUS, DELL, LENOVO

mobilenvidia

38 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• GaryHook

• Dox

• djrayon

Works okay using extracted original inf. had some serious rendering issues in World in Conflict so swapped back to 174.16. might try again using the modded inf.

Everything pretty good 3dmark score bout same in the 3555

Best driver for my ASUS G2S - 4GB RAM - GeForce 8600M GT 256MB - Vista Ultimate 32bits SP1...

No overclock...

3dmark06 v173.80 = 4963

3dmark06 v174.31 = 5069

Recommended :)

I have tried numerous drivers in conjunction with RivaTuner 2.07 and i am not able to overclock my 8800M GTX SLI cards. For some reason RivaTuner will not let me go above 1150 for shader and 455 for mem when default is 1250 and 800. I have tried 174.16, 174.20, 172.31 and Dells 167.55. Anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

after upgrading my bios and installing this driver version i can say its the best yet.

3d mark 06

167.43: 8900 powermizer works, idle clocks 200/100

167.62: 8905 power mizer works, idle clocks 200/100

174.31: 8935 power mizer works, idle clocks 200/100

reccomnded for the 8800MGTX, they are WHQL and noticble performance in realworld games, its a keeper tbh

EDIT: this driver BSOD me when playing games and upon reboot

Edited by Dox

Acer 5920g Geforce 8600m GT 512 Vista X64 not work aero ((((

HELP!!!!

I'd have a question:

I've installed these drivers with the original inf included in the "original_inf(s).zip" zipped file... precisely with the "nv_dispd.inf" ...

and the driver installed without problems and is now certified microsoft...

And now the question:

What's the difference between installation with original "nv_dispd.inf" file and with modded inf file?

(sorry for my english)

So how window's vista aero doing with this drivers?

Posting my results:

ASUS G2S

Intel Core2Duo T7500 2.2Ghz

4Gb DDR2 667Mhz Kingston

GeForce 8600M GT 256MB

Windows Vista 32bits SP1

3dMark06 Professional 1.1.0

nVidia Driver v174.31

3dMark06 - 1024x768 - Aero ON - NO Overclock GPU - Stock settings (475/700Mhz) = 5046

17431nooverxh4.th.jpg

3dMark06 - 1024x768 - Aero ON - Overclock GPU (570/810Mhz) = 5868 :)

17431over570810yz1.th.jpg

Pretty stable driver... no BSOD on my games... recommended!

Guest Guest

My Windows score went up, quite a bit. 4.3 to 5.2 and then up half apoint on Aero. 4.2 to 4.8. But my game performance went way down. For my game, it is the bloom effect that is giving it the hit in fps. Shame. Turn off bloom, and frame rate becomes acceptable. The game, certain features are improved but that initial frame rate was almost unplayable.

I didn't know my ol 7600 would score that high on the windows number. Kinda surprised me. Something right here...and something way not right in this driver.

Guest Ulaş Aktok

Guys I have a question Iwould be glad if you answered

there are some brand names next to these drivers.

I have an HP pavalion dv9580et and hp pavilion series is not mentioned in that little list of brands

the driver I am using know is 174.20 which works perfectly and I wanna try these should I or not?

by the way I have a 8600M GS which is in the list of GPU's

Hi guys

some questions:

- I've got an acer aspire 5920G with an Geforce 8600M GT. So i tried this driver - performance is great, but i am unable to use the TV Output.

When i connect my TV (analog) to my laptop the Nvidia Control Center shows me that a HDTV would be connected and i cant see anything on the tv.

I tried all possible output modes for the tv signal - no luck.

The output is working with the old original Acer drivers - but performance there is poor.

Maybe someone has got an idea to fix this problem.

- Where can i find the "powermizer" ??? I cant see it in the control panel!! I recently installed ntune but i cant see the powermizer...! Neither with the original drivers nor with any other driver.

My specs:

Acer Aspire 5920G

Geforce 8600M GT

2GB DDR2 RAM

320GB HDD SATA

2,2 GHz Dualcore

Windows Vista 32 Bit (now with SP1)

(+actual drivers for all devices)

Powermizer isn't available as an option in vista. According to NVidia that is. Vista handles it not the display drivers.

i can now play crysis on med/high graphics :)

off topic. gary hook whose the chick in your dp ? :)

Guest Guest from earlier today

odd driver.

I reverted back to aug release. We had an invasion in game tonight, a world event, and was running at 2 fps and the fps drop was just staggering. Mind you, with alot of tweaking, I was managing at best 30 fps, then seriously dropping into the teens....(meaning stop action playing). The build in tuner was jittering all over the place when anywhere close to 1900x1200 or whatever hd resolution is. the tv was horrible. New driver, well 30 fps max, with serioulsy turned down settings. Just to show you the fps change back to old driver, loaded up the game, started at 40 plus fps, with no changes in the setting....combat, particle settings i was dropping well below 20 fps with the new driver. Not an issue with the old one.

Here is the odd thing. this driver does something strange to the windows score. My scores did not revert back, once i uninstalled the driver, and driver wiped the residues...ran the test again, my scores are now permanently altered.

Don't think this is a good driver at all despite what people are seeing in the windows score. Atleast not for my 7600, in 1900x1200. I don't run the game in that...but it was completely wonky on the tv tuner. and now the scores will not not revert back to what they should be reading, and have been reading for months.

off topic. gary hook whose the chick in your dp ? :)

that picture is from the album "Enema of the state" - by Blink 182

Guest 8400M GS

Is anyone else having trouble with powermizer's autodimmer features? They're not functioning on my Dell 1520. Everything else works lovely. Wonderful drivers.

Great Driver Guys :) Here is my result on My Dell XPS M1530

capturesu3.jpg

Thanks for the Driver :)

Edited by vinu

Guest googler
Is anyone else having trouble with powermizer's autodimmer features? They're not functioning on my Dell 1520. Everything else works lovely. Wonderful drivers.

I have a HP DV9644CA and autodimmer works, making it dim, but it will not come out of the dimness when i move the mouse, or touch the keyboard. But overall they are good drivers

Guest Guest

When using this driver the display driver not responding error came back. The only games I have on the laptop at the moment are need for speed most wanted and rugby 05. Every five minutes nfs stops and the driver error appears. Every 30-60 min the error appears in rugby.

Nvidia 8400m gs

Withdrawing my earlier recommendation and reverting back to 169.61 WHQL (for Go 7600). Reasons: you lose 12.5-15% fps in Second Life WindLight (OpenGL) with 174.31 (compared to 169.61); and the video stuttering is back with 174.31 [if you play a video in wmplayer while Second Life is running (not minimized)], although there is a fix that works http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t55767.html I don't like this. 169.61 is Quadro but support many non-Quadro cards and the Go 7600 mobile without any modded inf. PowerMizer and nTune overclocking work perfectly well with 169.61, and I have instantly regained the lost fps in Second Life WindLight, and there is no video stuttering (without the need for any fix).

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_169.61.html (Release Date: February 4, 2008)

Vista WEI scores remain the same for 174.31, 169.61, and 169.39 (has nvd3dum.dll bug with Vista MCE) -- no change between the three drivers.

Update: Found that 167.59 is even much better and faster (than 169.61); the best, speed and stability, including with Second Life and Vista MCE -- bug free/smooth vids (installs WHQL for Toshiba Go 7600-256MB VRAM-128-bit, with the included original inf nviv.inf). PowerMizer and nTune overclocking work perfectly well with it. Vista WEI scores remain the same as with the above mentioned three other drivers.

Edited by hola

Update: This driver improves pes 2008 performance greatly in the menu screen, however frequent crashes when playing ut3 and sometimes even in Pes. Going back to 169.28