LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.31 VISTA 64bit | ACER, ASUS, DELL, LENOVO

mobilenvidia

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Edited by ®®®

I have an Acer and there are 5 original inf files, i deleted the other inf files that were not from acer but that leaves still 2 inf files, the one from acer and the other i don't know (nv_dispd.inf) should i delete this one too?

I just installed the drivers with no problems, and now windows aero doesn't work. I deleted all inf files and replaced with the one for acer in the zipped folder before installing. I can't even see the rotating nvidia logo in the nvidia control window... what's up with that??? do i have to install the modified inf for my Geforce Go 7300? by the way my lappy is an Acer

Guest Guest

installed fine with unzip "origina inf" for my go 7600 and my areo works fine also installed nforce 18.07 whql and this driver rocks soild, this is keeper.

Aero works for me using modded INF.

I'll try Dell INF later

I'm on an 8600M GT 256mb (vostro 1500 - PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_02281028). I tried again and noticed that the driver didn't install at all (reverted to VGA adapter after reboot) - I'll play and try once more.

I did a few things, but I think the main one was setting my card as mobile. Inf in-line; again this is for a dell vostro 1500 8600M GT 256mb. Hope it helps someone else who was as frustrated as I was!

Acer 5920G GeForce Go 8600m GT 512 for Vista X64 not works Aero, Derect 3d ((((((

Help!!!!!

Guest thisone

i have the acer aspire 5920g with vista x64 ultimate sp1

installed the driver with no problem.. but if i try to start a video display starts flickering and vista have to "rebuild driver" or whatever.. i tried it with acer inf and modded inf, both same problem.

now i'm back on 169.61 and everything is fine

First i de-installed the old driver

Guest DoomGaZer

Is one of these releases eventually supposed to give you back control of multiple desktops? Where's my "separate wallpaper" setting?

BTW, running Dell Vostro 1700 w/ 8600 GT 256mb and I used the dell .inf all by itself (no others in the unzipped folder) and everything seems OK. I started out with the official Dell drivers (whatever is the latest) so my card was already configured as mobile (I assume).

Ok I installed using the modded inf instead of the Acer original inf file... now it rocks... got back aero again... but shouldn't it work with the original acer inf file especially when my laptop is an acer?! :)

i am getting blue screens when i am palying , with dell.inf , got inpiron 1720 8600m gt

I think i will try and controll my obsessive upgrading and stick to 174.16 until nvidia releases something... Too many issues reported with this one to risk it.

Guest compal IFL 90

You've done great work!

The driver brought me 323 additional marks at 3dmark06 in comparison to stock driver(v.156xxx)

3403->3726marks

(Core2extreme x7800, 8600M GT, 2GB RAM) :)

• 3 months later...
Guest Guest-Lenovo-T61P-user

:)

Thank you all of you guys for all the good advices provided on this forum.

The topic mentioned driver works pretty well on my T61p Lenovo with Quadro FX 570M.

No more BSOD on my Vista 64 Bits.

Best regards.