LaptopVideo2Go Forums

[HOW TO] get full speed on 8800M GTX without using stock drivers!

Dox

Guest Yupsolo

Your solution work fine, I have flashed my VBios to the 1.00.11 and the 8800M GTX is no more underclocked now... However I have another problem, with others drivers than the stock one I have some lags during games I haven't before. The game run very smooth during 3-5 second and 1 second lag, 4-5 second smooth, 1 second lag... Is somebody had experience the same problem...

And the PhysX program don't recognized my 8800M Gtx as PhysX compatible...

Clevo M571RU-U - CPU T7500 (2.2 Ghz) - GPU 8800M GTX 512Mo - 3Go Ram Corsair DDR2 667Mhz - XP SP2

Current Drivers 178.13, Stock drivers 167.43, Bios 1.00.11, VBios 62.92.23.00.14

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not 100% sure....

there shold be no issue with your bios so dont update unless u need to

when im not playing my 8800m gtx clocks are very low, but when im playing the clocks are normal.

Its normal?

thx

Thats normal, its called "powermizer" reduces heat and battery usage for laptops.

• 4 weeks later...

year, made my bios from 1.00.07 to 1.00.11 and now i can install the new nvidia drivers :) the 176.48 made my benchmarks 70 points higher than the 167.32 :)

whats the newest nvidia driver for 8800M GTX?

by the way, does anyone know a easy programm to manage the power of the notwbook? for example if you only want to use word or internet, that the cooler of the gpu und cpu are off? because everytime, wheather if i play or only work with my laptop M57RU the cooler makes terrible sound -.-

hello,

there is a bios that fixes laoud fan :)

download this one: http://64.208.175.44/ftp/misc/579H809S.ISO

and burn the .iso on CD and reboot with CD in.

It wll flash and after you can have fan control!!!

press FN+1 for full fans

FN+3 for quite fans (it automatically goes to full speed when playing games)

FN+3 is like heaven :)

oh, sounds really nice, but which bios version is this? 1.00.11? because i have 1.00.11 and don'T want this feature only if it works with 1.00.08 for example. or is it equal which verison i have and its an additional change in bios?

lg Shico

ok, i installed this fan tool, and it works :) FN3 is really like heaven, exspecially if you only surf in the net or write something in word etc.

but 1 problem. 1 tried with FN3 to play, but it didn't turn to FN1 mode and the fans stayed silent. my temp. tool showed extreme higher temps at GPU, CPU ... until i turn on maually FN1 all temps went down to normal :)

• 4 months later...
Guest dan roger

okay now i have update my BIOS after a lot of hour.

first to get r it is "r:" that is : after r

second its not refresh now it is update

and third i had to rename the .WPH file to 57RU_11.WPH before it did work.