LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Heavy games & dual screen setup

Twan Z

I own a Dell XPS M1710 with a Nvidia GeForce Go 7950 GTX, and at home I always use a dual screen setup. I extend my desktop to an external flatscreen next to my laptop. Currently using driver 173.80 (vista 32bit)

I've tried many different drivers from this site, but no matter wich I use, I keep having problems with a few games, and I think it might have something to do with my dual screen setup.

games affected (so far):

- Bioshock

- Imperium Romanum

Both games work very good except from these random crashes, and the curious thing is that in both cases, when I restart the game (this happens for both games) all graphics settings have been resetted to standards, so it crashes due to a graphical problem.

Does it make sense to think it has something to do with my dual screen setup? Or does anyone regonaize this as a different problem?

I'd really appriciate any helpful thoughts :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

I would say it has more to do with the fact that you're running a Quadro. As those are professional cards, they're more apt to be buggy with games. A couple things to try:

- If you game on the external display and you're in extended desktop mode, make sure that it, rather than your laptop's LCD, is configured as the primary in your NVIDIA control panel

- If your external display has the same resolution as your laptop's LCD, try running in clone mode