LaptopVideo2Go Forums

MVIX MX780/MX760 Firmware

mobilenvidia

Grabbing now, will have up here in a jiffy :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• xclanet

• bovirus

• mf1974

Firmware up, could do with the changelist to see if it matches 2.0.4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a few questions:

• I saw that samba is on the system... is it possible to configure it for normal access? This way we can use normal access to the device instead of NDAS.
  • Where can i configure the http service? I would like instead of seeing the local file system, i would see a folder where i can put some webpage with a Flash Player to play on lan the local files of the device.
  • Is it also possible to install more modules? Like bittorrent? I think it will be awesome if we can have a webpage where we can upload .torrent files and the device download them.

Hope you can answer all of them.

I have an MVIX 760.. and after loading in MX760-2.0.3.1mod.pkG I can access the files on my HD and USB drives but the structure is READ ONLY.. is there a trick to allow for file upload to the device?

I have an MVIX 760.. and after loading in MX760-2.0.3.1mod.pkG I can access the files on my HD and USB drives but the structure is READ ONLY.. is there a trick to allow for file upload to the device?

Read the first post:

"As always, read-only access via FTP on a NTFS-HDD, write access via FTP only on FAT, FAT32 or ext2/3-drives"

Thanks for the new mod. Any experience, pro and / or con to this mod from the normal firmware? Thanks again and in advance.

Do these mod versions of the Firmware make possible FTP?

What other advantages do the mods have over the original Firmware releases, please?

I am particularly interested in TV streaming.

Thank you much for composing a central place for firmware upgrades! :)

Guest OldMan

and my drive is not NTFS.. it's FAT32

Guest OldMan
Do these mod versions of the Firmware make possible FTP?

What other advantages do the mods have over the original Firmware releases, please?

I am particularly interested in TV streaming.

Thank you much for composing a central place for firmware upgrades! :)

well.. the modded version was suppose to add FTP and telnet.. and it does.. but since drive is mounted as read only you really can;t do s*** with it anyway....

that's why I am realy close to just dumping mVix on ebay

Guest HungryHungryHippo
well.. the modded version was suppose to add FTP and telnet.. and it does.. but since drive is mounted as read only you really can;t do s*** with it anyway....

that's why I am realy close to just dumping mVix on ebay

Just remount it Read/Write, it's not a huge deal.

Yes, it's a bit of a pain to have to do it every time, but really, do you write to it EVERY TIME you start it?

If you do, why turn it off?

Anyway, I do agree that it'd be great if it was mounted with write access to begin with, but clearly we're missing something the modder thought of...

...possibly?

• 1 month later...
HI,

I have a new 780 but problem is while upgrading the firmware, i lost power and now theres no firmware on the machine and its dead. I downloaded and tried the methed you described below but it doesnt work. 780 keeps on saying connecting, then then failed and it shuts down. My question is, do i have to set my computer with a specific IP so that 780 recognizes it? Please give me full info.

Thanks

I have the same problem, does anyone has a solution for this?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest castor_troy

Hi,

After I upgraded my MX780 (with 1Tb hard disk) to 2.0.6 firmware most of the movies I watched (AVI, DAT, etc) freezes for couple of seconds then fast forward itself without doing anything. Last nigth it happened 4x, I restart my MX780 but it cannot see the hard disk. I don't have any external hard disk attached on it.

I hope someone can advice me what to do.

Thanks,

castor

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
Hi,

After I upgraded my MX780 (with 1Tb hard disk) to 2.0.6 firmware most of the movies I watched (AVI, DAT, etc) freezes for couple of seconds then fast forward itself without doing anything. Last nigth it happened 4x, I restart my MX780 but it cannot see the hard disk. I don't have any external hard disk attached on it.

I hope someone can advice me what to do.

Thanks,

castor

2.0.6 is buggy - Go back to 2.0.4

And if I understand it correctly, there will be no further releases.

Guest Gutii

Hi, first of all thank you very much for the firmware.

I have a Peekton with the 760 1.2.2, and I have a question: Do you know when the mkv with H.264 is going to work well?

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Miguel

hi,

I had just bougth an MVIX 760HD, and I have some questions.

I didn't receive the NDAS software to install in my Laptop (or PC), where can I download it.

I can download and use the last firmware from MVX 780HD in my MVIX 760HD? or what is the best fw to be used with the 760?

How can I reas/see the original names for the files that are inside the HDD (they are in hebrew)

Thank you very much

Miguel

• 3 months later...
Guest Goldfinger

Hello,

I just got a MVIX780 and I have some problems with it :

When I connect the HDMI via the DVI connector, I can't hear anything, the video is ok but not the sound.

When I bought it, the firmware version was the 2.0.3. Everythings was correctly working, but when I am trying to get some video form a NAS ( MPEG2 ), it impossible to have acces to the directory that had a special french caracters ( like é, è, à, ê, ...). I loaded the firmware 2.0.6, the problem with the french caraters was solved but it was no more possible to read the MPEG file on my NAS, then I came back to the version 2.0.3.

I simply would have a mix between the two version, the good french caracters AND be abble to read the MPEG files.

Best regards

Hello,

I just got a MVIX780 and I have some problems with it :

When I connect the HDMI via the DVI connector, I can't hear anything, the video is ok but not the sound.

When I bought it, the firmware version was the 2.0.3. Everythings was correctly working, but when I am trying to get some video form a NAS ( MPEG2 ), it impossible to have acces to the directory that had a special french caracters ( like é, è, à, ê, ...). I loaded the firmware 2.0.6, the problem with the french caraters was solved but it was no more possible to read the MPEG file on my NAS, then I came back to the version 2.0.3.

I simply would have a mix between the two version, the good french caracters AND be abble to read the MPEG files.

Best regards

2.0.4 any good ?

2.0.6 was pulled as it was a buggy release.

Even try ans older FW, I get no picture (HDMI)with later FW versions and am on 2.0.1

Guest goldfinger

2.0.4 any good ?

2.0.6 was pulled as it was a buggy release.

Even try ans older FW, I get no picture (HDMI)with later FW versions and am on 2.0.1

Hello,

I tried 2.0.1 and 2.0.4 versions but no difference ... I suppose I have to wait the new release, hoping the problems will be solved.

Many thanks for your help.