LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Mass storage controller + PCI Memory Controller

Guest TekniX

Guest TekniX

Hello everybody,

Im using a Zepto 6625 WD with a Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT in it. After finding out that they dont support winxp64 and even better, that i couldnt use a nvidia.com driver because they have theyr "own" zepto drivers, i made my way through the internet and found this great place ! Where somebody actually solves a lot of problems ! I have a grafix driver now.. ( Thanks a looooot right here at this point to the people keeping this site up !!! Great job mates :) :P ! )

Now , my "problem" is that the device manager has a PCI Memory Controller that he doesnt like, e.g has no drivers for it, and ive read that thats a gfx card thing and that installing the newest nvidia whql would help it ( hohohohoho, if that only worked...) . Is that really an issue with my grafix card? Is working properly, at full resolution and im not having any crashes. Can i just ignore that warning/device ? Or is there a way to fix it ?

Just now i have the 171.16 drivers from this site, with the patched inf . Anything wrong with that?

Well would apreciate a bit of help on this one. Searched the forums but i didnt find anything !

ps : the SM Bus got installed after i installed the Intel chipset drivers. I read that SM Bus + PCI Memory controller was a grafix card thing that gets fixed with the nvidia whql thing ( http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index...23155425AAUYl5T )

Thanks in advance for your help :) !

Regards . TekniX

Can you figure the VENDOR_ID, DEV_ID and SUBSYS_ID from the properties of the device (go to the details tab)?

Guest TekniX

Hi

Well it says the following ( under the "Device Instance ld" (default))

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_00401170&REV_A1\4&239D83FF&0&0008

:) what can you derive from that information ? Like, an exact chipset for the inbuild hardware (in the card itself ) ?

Thanks for helping me :)

These are not details from the memory controller (and it#s missing driver), because a 10DE VENDOR_ID is always nvidia and a 0407 is one of their cards... and i guess it#s the 8600M :)