LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help please!

AEngland

Okay, so i have downgraded from vista home premium 32bit to xp pro... I am currently using 171.16 drivers.. I have had many many problems with the 16x.xx series-that includes the latest driver from ASUS which is 169.25. I am still having problems even using the latest drivers (171.16) that can work on my system! BSODs and the errors such as the display driver has stopped responding. Then i have other problems such as when i start up my laptop, I get these little dots all over the XP startup screen and my computer acts like it has NO driver installed. This causes me to get frustrated and when I reboot my laptop. I have experienced this start up error with many other drivers aswell. I have called ASUS about my problems even when i had their 169.25 driver from their website. One guy told me to install a vga driver from their website. The driver package thing that I installed was a bunch of ATI programs. I decided to install them and they were actually causing BSODs. The next time I called them i recieved a Foreign guy and I could barely understand him. I told him about my problems and he said that they only deal with "hardware" issues and not software issues. My situation is so frustrating it makes it hard to work with this laptop. My system specs are on the side under my name. YES i have used driver cleaning tools again and again to uninstall and clean and reinstall drivers nothing seems to work right!! ARGghhhh...

Please help!!!!

Aengland