LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Arctic Silver 5 on the ASUS G1S GPU Core

Guest AW

Hey LV2GO Community- I've got an idea... I have used arctic silver in the past on a desktop Athlon 64 3000+ CPU, and liked the nice temperature reduction. I have since got an ASUS G1s and and the GPU temperature rises to 93~94 degrees during load. I know this is pretty usual for the G1S, but overclock (585/745) raises the temperature to 97 or so after only a minute or so (haven't tried extended periods of time). Would it be a good idea to apply some arctic silver 5 to the GPU core? I'm not sure if it is worth voiding the warranty or how to do it for a gpu let alone a laptop.

Has anyone else tried this? Could be a good way to cool off the flamin' G1S GPU...

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest
Hey LV2GO Community- I've got an idea... I have used arctic silver in the past on a desktop Athlon 64 3000+ CPU, and liked the nice temperature reduction. I have since got an ASUS G1s and and the GPU temperature rises to 93~94 degrees during load. I know this is pretty usual for the G1S, but overclock (585/745) raises the temperature to 97 or so after only a minute or so (haven't tried extended periods of time). Would it be a good idea to apply some arctic silver 5 to the GPU core? I'm not sure if it is worth voiding the warranty or how to do it for a gpu let alone a laptop.

Has anyone else tried this? Could be a good way to cool off the flamin' G1S GPU...

I think we should just remove those HEATsinks (keyword HEAT) and get some internal fanage goin on in there btw incase no one took apart their g1s the fan is a gpu fan and is controlled. i looked at the "hard drive cooler" and i think it might be possible to mount 4 of these on the bottom but doing this would require special supports for the lappy to sit on as the fans are taller than the legs on the bottom, or use them and build a kick arse lappy cooly pad just where you need the fans instead of some general arse spot for pansy computers that dont even need to be cooled... Unless they suck so bad theyve got bad wiring and will blow up if 2 fans are running any old f'ing where on the bottom. lol idunno though lets brainstorm a solution and ill build it if no one else wants to.