• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Discrucio Anima

• MartinC

• forg1vr

• ®®®

the same problem.. any LuxPad controls.. It seems that I need uninstall WheelWorks 7.80 too.. trying now..

Hehe.. after uninstalling iWheelWorks and reinstalling touchpad drivers all ok.. work pretty.. but I`m using WOP35 mouse and need to configure their buttons (like Ctrl, Shift).. so after installing iWheelWorks 7.80, I can`t found settings for TouchPad and LuxPad.. so sad..

Edited by New_Bember

Scuse me but in mouse's propriety don't appear LuxorPad and i can't change the settings of MediaTouch.

Anybody can help me Please? Thanks

You'll need to follow the installation instructions closely to ensure that the new version overrides the present. By the way, may I know which model are you using? If possible, could you provide the Hardware ID of your touchpad? (right-click on Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad in Device Manager > Properties > Details > Hardware Ids)

the same problem.. any LuxPad controls.. It seems that I need uninstall WheelWorks 7.80 too.. trying now..

Hehe.. after uninstalling iWheelWorks and reinstalling touchpad drivers all ok.. work pretty.. but I`m using WOP35 mouse and need to configure their buttons (like Ctrl, Shift).. so after installing iWheelWorks 7.80, I can`t found settings for TouchPad and LuxPad.. so sad..

It seems that iWheelWorks forcibly takes over the Mouse applet. I have both Synaptics and Logitech Setpoint working well together. Can't help you there.

Anyway I've rebuilt v10.2.4 with new gestures. Chiralmotion replaces the normal side scroll with a circular gesture. Pretty cool but doesn't seem to work in Firefox 3. Momentum gives a "Hyperscroll" feel to your mouse cursor. Those that have used Logitech's Revolution mice would know what I mean.

You might wonder why I didn't use the latest v11.1.1.1 driver instead. Well Synaptics chose to lock these gestures to certain laptop models from v11.0.0.0 onwards so these features will be disabled even if your touchpad hardware supports them. In fact, I believe I can incorporate the Pinch gesture (similar to iPhone's multitouch) if I have access to INFs customized for laptops that feature it.

Great crippling Synaptics. This is a DejaVu. The same happened with the cPad. The latest version which works with the cPad application is v7.5.xx

• 1 month later...
Guest epaschalis
Uninstall the v.10.1.8 and try out the latest v.10.2.4

Hello, I wave done that to my aspire 8920G- with vista ultimate 32 bit but i cannot see the new menue. It looks like the old one. Also the synaptics icon does not apear on the control panel> additional setings.

Can someone tell me why this is not working at my laptop. Does it need different inf file for the 8920G????

Thank you and please send me the file if exist at epaschalis@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone upload this on a diffrent site please, I would be very grateful if someone would.

I can't belive that out of all the people that downloaded the drivers, complianed, this doesn't work, that doesn't work & had this nice guy code an update not one can be bothered to do a simple file upload for the rest of us...

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=37

Can't wait to see good old red booting up for the first time :)

If you see this thanks to the obove guy for uploading & many thanks for coding the mode and sharing Discrucio Anima, xoxo

Edited by MartinC

Hello, I wave done that to my aspire 8920G- with vista ultimate 32 bit but i cannot see the new menue. It looks like the old one. Also the synaptics icon does not apear on the control panel> additional setings.

Can someone tell me why this is not working at my laptop. Does it need different inf file for the 8920G????

Thank you and please send me the file if exist at epaschalis@hotmail.com

Please do not use this driver for 6920 series or 8920 series as I have no idea how my mod would affect usage of the CineDash. Anyway it seems that the driver did not install properly. Did you install using the setup.exe?

Anyway I've reuploaded the latest version for both Vista and XP 32-bit and 64-bit flavours.

Some latest development regarding gestures. This is taken from the release notes bundled with v.11.1.4 (which is meant for the Aspire One):

-Make Advanced Gestures available for all customers and set the defaults

to - 1 finger Chiral "Enabled"; momentum "Disabled"; pinch "Enabled".

Note all these features require the new HW/FW to show up from the UI and

function properly.

Seems like Synaptics will be enabling these gestures on touchpads with the latest hardware/firmware. Trouble is I've never seen a firmware update issued for touchpads by any manufacturer or by Synaptics themselves.

On the other hand, I'd love to know if the XP-loaded Aspire One supports multi-touch with this driver installed. Also, can anyone send me a copy of Voodoo Envy 133's touchpad drivers?

Edited by Discrucio Anima

uploaded your file to our server and added a download link to first post. It is for all OS right?

Anyone have an idea on why Acer would hardwire the blue (PLAY/STOP/PREV/NEXT) LED's on & make the red (RECORD) LED driver programable? Also find it wierd that just next to those touch buttons are the exact same "PLAY/STOP/PREV/NEXT" keyboard keys :)

uploaded your file to our server and added a download link to first post. It is for all OS right?

Yes it's for all OS (except Windows 95 and NT I think). Thanks for the mirror too :)

Anyone have an idea on why Acer would hardwire the blue (PLAY/STOP/PREV/NEXT) LED's on & make the red (RECORD) LED driver programable? Also find it wierd that just next to those touch buttons are the exact same "PLAY/STOP/PREV/NEXT" keyboard keys :)

Lol. Seems like the design is replicated in the new 5930G, except that the record button is now removed.

PS: You could try programming the 4 blue buttons into a volume slider. But it'll be a very crude alternative to the real thing (Play/Pause: 100%, Stop 75%, Prv 50%, Fwd 25%, Rec 0%), etc

Edited by Discrucio Anima

Lol. Seems like the design is replicated in the new 5930G, except that the record button is now removed.

Mhhh...Thought maybe they where having second thoughts about the button and thus (to some point) disabled it, why I have no idea but the fact that the revised model has it removed is proof.

Hey Discrucio every time I reboot the red record button LED gets disabled & I have to reenabled it, other settings are remembered, any ideas?

It was listed as a known issue. From the testing done on my laptop, the Control Panel applet saves the settings correctly but upon reboot, the enhancement utility fails to load the settings properly (probably referring to bug 4722 in the INF). Alternatively if you kill the SynTpEnh process and restart it, the settings are then read correctly. It's not something I can rectify by modding but I would suggest moving the SynTPEnh startup key from HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and see if that helps.

It was listed as a known issue. From the testing done on my laptop, the Control Panel applet saves the settings correctly but upon reboot, the enhancement utility fails to load the settings properly (probably referring to bug 4722 in the INF). Alternatively if you kill the SynTpEnh process and restart it, the settings are then read correctly. It's not something I can rectify by modding but I would suggest moving the SynTPEnh startup key from HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and see if that helps.

Right, known issue, missed that. So it's the service that doesn't read the saved settings, a programming bug then you think? Anyway modifying the registry key worked, thanks

Maybe you could add this solution to the first post for lazy readers.

Edited by MartinC

Right, known issue, missed that. So it's the service that doesn't read the saved settings, a programming bug then you think? Anyway modifying the registry key worked, thanks

Maybe you could add this solution to the first post for lazy readers.

Mhhhh...after 2nd reboot, same problem...

Mhhhh...after 2nd reboot, same problem...

Ok, it's actually a conflict with another startup process, ethier one of the Acer or Nvidia.

Ok, it's actually a conflict with another startup process, ethier one of the Acer or Nvidia.

OK, this is the process:

File Name: QtZgAcer.EXE
Display Name: Launch Manager
Description: Launch Manager
Publisher: Dritek System Inc.
Digitally Signed By: VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2004 CA
File Type: Application
Startup Value: C:\PROGRA~1\LAUNCH~1\QtZgAcer.EXE
File Path: C:\PROGRA~1\LAUNCH~1\QtZgAcer.EXE
File Size: 707080
File Version: 1, 0, 6, 523
Date Installed: 18/12/2007 4:09:10 PM
Startup Type: Registry: Local Machine
Classification: Disabled
Ships with Operating System: No

Problem is if you disable this process you lose volume knob control, any ideas Discrucio Anima?