LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Synaptics v10.2.4 modded for Acer Gemstone series

Discrucio Anima

Is this driver exclusive to Acer laptop owners? I have a Compaq Presario F756NR laptop with Synaptics TouchPad v6.3 using driver version 11.1.4.25Apr08 and I can't seem to features such as ChiralMotion, Momentum, and two finger scrolling in Windows XP Pro SP3.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Discrucio Anima

• MartinC

• forg1vr

• ®®®

Anyway this will work on non-Acer rigs? I want to use 2 phalanges =]

Nice mod! works on my HP Pavilion. on a newer dv5 with Vista x64, only the chiral motion and momentum show up. On an older dv9000 series with Vista x32, the two and three finger gestures show up too! Was that part of the mod or is that just luck? Pinch gestures don't show up, though

Nice job on the mod again!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joe90210

wow this is awesome, it works on my old pavillion 5020, didn't think a 3 year old laptop would have support multi-touch on its trackpad, any plans to add the pinch gestures soon?

For everyone who is asking the same questions I asked myself and then googled for the answers:

Yes, this works on non-Acer laptops too (at least Chiralmotion, Momentum and 2- and 3-Finger-Gestures do). Enjoying them on my Compaq with a v6.2 touchpad right now.

Yes, Pinch Gestures might show up in the coming versions, the creator just needs an INF file from a touchpad that features Pinch Gestures and he might be able to add them to this modded pack.

Version 11 of the drivers can't be used if you're looking for these more "advanced" features. Synaptics decided to lock them for the laptop models that aren't supposed to have them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest forg1vr

So I installed the drivers, but everybody is mentioning 2-3 finger gestures... How do I get those to work? The Chiralthingy and the Momentum work, but nothing comes up that indicates that mutliple finger touch works. I have a Acer 5920g and run Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

This actually worked (the 2Finger / 3Finger gestures). I have a Dell Inspion 9400 (Device Hardware Ids ACPI\PNP0F13).

My only problem is that I enjoy the Dell Drivers as I can customize "both buttons" into a Middle Button.

I am going to see if I can try to combine both Dell and the drivers supplied in these posts, because that would be the best of both worlds! :-)

Any advice?

Well version of the Dell driver do you have? the 10.2.4?

because if yours works, I might installing the Dell driver on my Acer.

Great job on the driver mod!

I agree with missing the middle button click though. I use it to run a key macro to select the pointer tool in all my applications - Indesign, Flash, Coreldraw etc.

The most functional driver for synaptics which I've found (apart from this one of course!) is the Dell one for an M90. It has the middle button feature, as well as the 'back/forward gestures' that are found on Alps touchpads - where you swipe along the top edge to go forward and backward in the browser.

Let me know if you want me to upload it so you can take a peek.

Cheers

John G :-)

hey

yeah, I personally would appreciate if you could upload them, since I really want to get that stuff working.

cheers

COOL! Got the button macro feature working. All you have to do is add a DWORD entry in the registry in Synaptics>Defaults which says 'HasBothButtonFeature' and a value of 1.

Go to the touchpad settings, disable and enable the touchpad, and viola! you should have 'both buttons' added to the settings list and you can tell it to do whatever you want.

Enjoy!

COOL! Got the button macro feature working. All you have to do is add a DWORD entry in the registry in Synaptics>Defaults which says 'HasBothButtonFeature' and a value of 1.

Go to the touchpad settings, disable and enable the touchpad, and viola! you should have 'both buttons' added to the settings list and you can tell it to do whatever you want.

Enjoy!

Works like a charm, thanks a ton!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Can you guys upload the Dell drivers that made all these finger gestures work for you?

Sorry but I don't think it'll work. The features has been locked in our 5920G's module.

are you serious?

So the only things we can use is momentum and that chrialmotion thing? 2 features which I dont really use and consider quite worthless?

And isnt there any way to unlock those features...? This really suxxss :-/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

what exactly is working for you? Just the chiral and momentum stuff or also the multi-touch stuff?

I used your *.inf and it didn't do anything other than that

• 1 month later...

if anyone is interested, you can have a look at my bluetooth mod, I also has modded the launch manager to rebind the bluetooth button to enable or disable the devices you desired, this mod fixed the winamp support too, all you have to config for winamp is enable the globle hotkeys

http://www.theacerguy.com/2009/01/add-blue...o-aspire-5920g/

Cheers

Hahahaahah, I am such a noob, I didn't even realize that the latest driver from Acer allows my aspire one to do pinch, I just had to use XP compatibility to install and use XP compatibility on the exe.

Pinch working great on Aspire one, this driver also fixed ChiralMotion for Firefox, now I can finally surf the web the way it has meant to be.

• 2 weeks later...