LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Synaptics v10.2.4 modded for Acer Gemstone series

Discrucio Anima

Thanks for these modded drivers, they work quite well on my DELL Vostro 1500 with a Synaptics v6.3 (Windows 7 x86)

Is there any chance to add the pinch function?

I found these drivers http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/Drive...s_show_984.html which clearly contain it. Is it possible to bypass the hardware lock or to port pinch back to the old drivers where the lock isn't used yet?

Edited by k3nny

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Discrucio Anima

• MartinC

• forg1vr

• ®®®

Does anybody know how to get "Chiral motion" to work with Firefox?

I googled a lot and found the hint that it might work with the newest version of Synaptics drivers. Any chance to get an update for this modded version?

If I install the newest driver (downloaded here) I don't have the option to activate Chiral motion at all.

Or can sb. tell me at least how I can mod the newest version myself? I love the Chiral motion but I need to scroll in firefox of course.

Multitouch seems not to work with my touchpad but i can live with that.

Guest clpdj

can some one please mod this to work on a Acer 5930g with windows 7... i cant change the defenitions os lux pAD... it dosent apear hase a devie ... the drivers only let me change the touchpad settings.... best reguards

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest
Works like a charm, thanks a ton!!!

Hello, I've tried your cheat with registry and it has been working about ten reboots. Now the rec key light only few seconds after start windows. Then I have to turn it on in control panel.

Do you have any idea?

And the momentum doesn't work in Firefox me too.

Guest Guest
Hello, I've tried your cheat with registry and it has been working about ten reboots. Now the rec key light only few seconds after start windows. Then I have to turn it on in control panel.

Do you have any idea?

And the momentum doesn't work in Firefox me too.

Sorry no momentum, but "Chiral motion" java script:add_smilie(" :) ","smid_7")

Guest eturk

Sony VIAO laptop AR-290G

this driver completely disables the keyboard. Rebooted and couldn't type in the login password. Luckily, could reboot, F8, last known good and roll back. quite exciting!

anyone had this experience or know how to enable the keyboard?

VAIO is cool because their driver already does enable some gestures. just wanting to see what else could work.

(on Win7 RC)

I got some good news for people using 64 version of windows vista and windows 7 on their Gemstone

I have a 5920G, and I am using windows 7. I could not get most of drivers to work properly on my system. I tried the driver provided by us.acer.com; it didn't work. I tried the one provided by synaptics and that one didn't work either.

anyhow, the only driver that did work was the one for aspire 6920G. It can be downloaded form us.acer.com. The driver version is 10.2.4. Ironically, this version is newer than the latest one in the synaptics official website. It is just the perfect driver hiding in the wrong place.

The luxpad settings work flawlessly...everything works like charm.

Guest Arctic Joe

Thanks for the modded drivers, unfortunately two finger and three finger options do not show up on Acer 8930g for some reason. TwoFIngerScroll utility reports that the driver does not support multi touch, but strangely enough two and three finger options work really well on my brother's 8920g, which has the same hardware ID (SYB1b19) and same version touchpad of 6.3 as my 8930g, so I am assuming the issue lies somewhere in touchpad's firmware.

Anybody know of any flash utilities I could use to maybe grab the firmware from 8920g's touchpad and flash it onto my 8930g?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice mod! works on my HP Pavilion. on a newer dv5 with Vista x64, only the chiral motion and momentum show up. On an older dv9000 series with Vista x32, the two and three finger gestures show up too! Was that part of the mod or is that just luck? Pinch gestures don't show up, though

Nice job on the mod again!

how to install this thing on a win7 64 bit...or can1 tell me whr to find the modded 64bit version?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have an Aspire 5920G and tried various drivers, but I didn’t get the multi-touch features (like two-finger scrolling) to work. If I’ve understood correctly, these features are locked down in the firmware (which is of version 6.5 on my touchpad).

Is there any chance getting a new (working) firmware flashed or any other workaround to enable these features?

Thanks in advance

fix for chiral in Firefox:

I have a solution! only found out about it yesterday!

in your startup folder create a new shortcut to "taskkill /im SynTPEnh.exe" (without quotes) name it what ever you want. Then run it and you're all set!

found here:

Mozilla

for use in Win7 x64 this driver works for me:

My link

thx to the modder :)

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to do the same thing that Discrucio has done here with ELAN drivers for other notebook models.

Problem is, I don't have a whole lot of idea what I'm doing.

ELAN sued Apple a few years back for violating their multitouch patent. There was a lot of media about it at first, but nowhere can you actually find how the whole thing was resolved. Well, I'm pretty sure what happened. A few months later, almost every single multitouch gesture had disappeared from Elan's drivers. I'll bet Apple paid them off, and made them agree to take certain multitouch functions out of their drivers.

So I'm left 3 types of ELAN drivers to work with:

- Some old ELAN XP/Vista EEE PC drivers that were released right before the lawsuit that support the multitouch features. Unfortunately, I can't get them to install onto my ASUS laptop with Windows 7, it keeps telling me I don't have the right hardware.

- My current ELAN Win 7 touchpad drivers, multitouch neutered. The driver files are all right around the same size as the EEE PC drivers, so I'm almost certain that they contain the multitouch support, just locked. On the ELAN website, it even has a video of the multitouch features in use, but the driver download webpage is gone now and they refer you to your laptop manufacturer for neutered drivers. I guess that way they don't have to take the blame.

- ELAN Win 7 external USB touchpad multitouch drivers. Identical to the above drivers, just that they will only install if a USB touchpad is attached, and presumably, will only only work for that device. Must be the settlement with Apple didn't include external touchpads, as the USB touchpad fully supports all of the multitouch features.

Attempts to hack the ASUS EEE PC netbook ELAN touchpad drivers to accept my ASUS notebook's ELAN touchpad hardware (which is virtually identical) and install have been unsuccessful, setup continues to fail and tell me that the driver will only work for an ELAN Smart-Pad (which is what I have!) The .inf for the EEE PC drivers even has a set of entries to enable and disable the touchpad multitouch features... the newer drivers do not... otherwise it would be child's play to unlock.

I've been trying to use a modified version of the USB touchpad's .inf file on the current drivers to unlock the multitouch options, but it doesn't seem to be working.

If anyone is interested in helping me (Discrucio? ) please let me know.

We shouldn't be locked out of multitouch on our laptops because Apple paid off the touchpad manufacturer.

Edited by Electrofreak

• 2 weeks later...

So my all my cool scrolling options have disappeared from my 10.24 driver and it now says '[evaluation copy]' in the title bar. The functions still work, I just can't change them! I'm really not sure when it happened because it's been behaving itself for quite some time now. Did Synaptics put some sort of shelf life into that driver? Or could it be to do with this lawsuit thingy and they realised the crippling through Windows Update or something? Anyone else having the issue?

I'm loathe to reinstall it in case I can't get my sweet gestures back at all...

Guest Awesome

So my all my cool scrolling options have disappeared from my 10.24 driver and it now says '[evaluation copy]' in the title bar. The functions still work, I just can't change them! I'm really not sure when it happened because it's been behaving itself for quite some time now. Did Synaptics put some sort of shelf life into that driver? Or could it be to do with this lawsuit thingy and they realised the crippling through Windows Update or something? Anyone else having the issue?

I'm loathe to reinstall it in case I can't get my sweet gestures back at all...

Use this driver.

It unlocks multitouch on older touchpad.

Guest Matej

Hi,

I have an Acer 5920G, recently running on XP 32bits. I just can't install the synaptics driver.

I downloaded the divers from Acer first, but I got promped that there were files missing when I

tried to install it.

So I started to search the net and came here. But when I try to install it, I get the message at the end

that the installation has failed.

I want to install this beacause the scroll function doesn't work and its really annoying.

Thanks in advance!

Grtz