LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.53 VISTA 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

9 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

drv_forcewarex.gif  nVIDIA ForceWare X 174.53 for Windows Vista 32bit

drv_inf.gifModded INF | drv_quickstart.gifQuickstart Guide

Operating System: Windows Vista 32bit

Driver Version: 174.53

Driver Date: 2008-03-11 (YYYY-MM-DD)

Driver Size: 30.58 MB

Driver Released by: NVIDIA

MS WHQL Certificate: False

Setup Files Included: True

International Files: True

Comments

No comments.

Original INF only supports:

[DEV_0604] NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2
[DEV_0622] NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT

Changelog/Release Notes

ISSUES RESOLVED

• n/a

OPEN ISSUES

• n/a

Documents

No documents.

Support

Notes

All nVIDIA drivers hosted at LaptopVideo2Go.com come as a maximum compressed self-extracting 7-ZIP archive for your convenience.

Reduce the size of your installation by using NVLiTE to rip out unnecessary languages and miscellaneous files without losing any driver features.

Make A Donation via PayPal if you find what we do useful and would like to help us pay for hosting these files into the future.

Please post any comments, suggestions, questions and other information related to this driver in this thread.

Additionally, use of the Forum's Search function and Frequently Asked Questions section is recommended.

If you still have a general problem that is not related with this driver, please post in the Support section.

LV2Go driver thread v1.6.0

Edited by ®®®

Stable driver, but..... Poor performance on my system. Gives good temperatures-max now only 73C whereas with 174.16 it was 92C- so kind of explains the poor performance. :)

explain poor performance. and do you play company of heroes opposing front? is there any graphical artifacts/corruption with this set of driver for 8 series GPU?

These drivers rock. I got 1 more fps in crysis and my 3dmark06 score went up by 100 points. :)

BTW these drivers increased my 8600m gt temperature about 4 degrees Celsius, but these drivers are quite stable.

explain poor performance. and do you play company of heroes opposing front? is there any graphical artifacts/corruption with this set of driver for 8 series GPU?

No I do not play company of heroes. The poor performance I was referring to is in World In Conflict. The FPS has dropped dramatically with a lot of stuttering during the game. But no, No artifacts or graphical anomolies with my 8600m GT.

PowerMizer doesn't work (clocks still at the high level). Same problem with 174.40.

PowerMizer does work for me. These drivers are almost perfect for me.

Guest panxupeng

I use RivaTuner_v2.08 ,it can oc 174.31,3dmark05 is 4795,and the high tempreture is also 65C,hehe, PowerMizer is not need for me ,it is very good, can 174.53 oc?? if 174.53 can oc ,it will be perfect for me!

I can't OC it RivaTuner and NTune doesn't work on this driver for me. I have a 8600m GS.

The driver seems to be stable.

174.53 4361 @ 1024x640 core/memory 600/500 5304

174.40 4369 @ 1024x640 core/memory 600/500 5291

174.31 4356 @ 1024x640 core/memory 600/500 5292

174.13 4291 @ 1024x640

174.12 4280 @ 1024x640

169.09 4258 @ 1024x640

167.45 4253 @ 1024x640

this are my test on some drivers.This one seems good with overclocking.Not test in games yet

Guest Guest

Is Overclocking working with this driver?

I have a Geforce Go 7900 GS, and have been using Rivatuner. All drivers after v169.04, I have not been able to OC. When I press "OK" it just resets back to stock values. This is with RT 2.07 + 2.08 btw.

I tried one of the 17x.xx drivers myself, with RT 2.07, and still was not able to OC.

So, has anybody been able to OC a (Dell) laptop with Geforce Go 7900 GS with any driver version after 169.04?

Thnx

Like you see my previous post.I overclocked this driver and for now it works fine.

i have the xps with 7900 gs and have been able to overclock with every driver i have tried :)

Thank u ... It seems stable and efficient driver ... The temperature is steady ...

Hi everyone.

My first post on this forum, i'm not actually using Vista 32bit but Vista 64bit but most of you guys run on 32bit so I thought i'd see what you think of these drivers and in general which are best for laptops.

I am at work at the moment so haven't tried the 174.53 yet but I have been using 174.51.

Which batch of drivers do you think is best for laptops and what's the difference between 167, 169 & 174?

I have an Acer 5920G 8600GT.

Any views on this would be great.

less points 3DMark 03, 05, 06; overclocks.

These were very weird for me. My temp idled at mid 70s and the fan was spun up all the time. Going back to the 169s.

Guest Guest

No, OC does not work.

So all of those that have had problems OCing after 169.04: this driver also keeps resetting to Default values when you click OK in RivaTuner.

A LARGE portion of users have had problems OCing after driver v169.04. I think these are mostly people with 'older' GPUs, like my Dell with Geforce Go 7900 GS.

Once you click OK in Rivatuner, you see the clock speeds reset back to default.

So, are you one of those people who had problems OCing drivers after 169.04? I can tell you that OCing does not work with this driver version for people who had problems with the drivers after 169.04

Guest Anthony

I have heard that the latest drivers (post 169.04) have trouble OCing if the BIOS has been flashed. I however, have been relying on software level overclocking with RivaTuner for a while now and have been able to OC with every driver up till 174.31 (haven't tried these yet). Does anyone know if this is true?

Well, I know I cannot Overclock at all without flashing my bios. Because normally the bios blocks overclocking.

I have a Dell Inspiron 9400 w/Geforce Go 7900 GS, and I flashed my bios to unlock it & also to set the Voltage higher.

That makes it more easy to OC.

I have not tried to Flash back to my original Bios though...