LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Compal IFL90 8600M GT

Guest Sergio

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Probably you can replace it with 8600M GT 512MB DDR3 from some ASUS laptop. But it's not so big difference (only faster memory, nothing more)

EDIT: Oh sry, you have IFL90 (only 256MB VRAM), so you can simply replace it with the 8600M GT 512MB DDR2 from Compal FL90Ex (lot of names - S,x,Ex,+; it's this one with more VRAM and with better resolution, or simply my Compal :) )

Edited by Paralityk

• 5 months later...

Guys,

According to the Campal´s Dissassembly Manual, it uses a MXM Type II card. Doesn´t it means that I could use any of those MXM-II cards?

http://www.compal.com/Download/NB/IFL90_91...bly%20Guide.pdf

I had to choose between 8600M GT and HD3650 and I chose the 3650, I am very satisfied with it on my Acer 5720ZG and I can run all games perfect now.

I had to choose between 8600M GT and HD3650 and I chose the 3650, I am very satisfied with it on my Acer 5720ZG and I can run all games perfect now.

Is it a Compal IFL9X, or JFL9X??

And what about 9600M GT or 9500M GS ? these cards are also MXM II slot... do u think it will work ? :)

And what about 9600M GT or 9500M GS ? these cards are also MXM II slot... do u think it will work ? :)

Any MXM-II card will work. I ditched the 8600m gt for a hd3650 worked great until I tried to biosmod it and the flasher crashed... :) I will replace it with a 9600m GT

EDIT: I revived the hd3650 and biosmodded it successfully. No need for a 9600m GT anymore.

Edited by Kayldera

• 2 months later...
Any MXM-II card will work. I ditched the 8600m gt for a hd3650 worked great until I tried to biosmod it and the flasher crashed... :) I will replace it with a 9600m GT

EDIT: I revived the hd3650 and biosmodded it successfully. No need for a 9600m GT anymore.

Can you tell where you got hd3650?

So ATI announced new Mobility Radeon HD 4xxx series on CES...

Is there anyone planning on trying to upgrade FL to one of these?

Edited by Paralityk

I have a IFL90 and I upgraded it with a hd3650. It plays everything I throw at it smoothly.

So ATI announced new Mobility Radeon HD 4xxx series on CES...

Is there anyone planning on trying to upgrade FL to one of these?

So they announced it in the last few days. You won't get any of those cards in MXM format until next year or so, no need to rush ;-)

Why so skeptic. Let's say one of these new shiny laptops will have a little crash xD

Anyway I'm hoping that new Radeons are "Compal" Compatibile

• 1 year later...
Guest crazy22

I have a IFL90 and I upgraded it with a hd3650. It plays everything I throw at it smoothly.

Hi!

Did you have 256MB 8600M GT or 512MB 8600M GT? Is the new HD3650 ddr2 or ddr3?

• 9 months later...
Guest T43p

To nassevis,

do you can send me some informations about your acer, especially the screen with qsxga+-resolution to WL03@gmx.de.

Regards,

Walter

• 2 weeks later...