LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 8600M GT driver - Compal FL90

blueicePT

Hi, i have a Compal FL90 and i´m searching for new drivers for my GeForce 8600M GT. I play games like Call of Duty 4 and Crysis so i need the best drivers.

For this graphic card what driver i use? 174.xx?

Help please

• 11 months later...
Guest eclipse

hey blueicePT,

I have the exact same laptop like yours. I highly recommend update your drivers by the CD that came with your laptop.

I went to the Intel page because they have driver,bios, and utilities for this particular laptop. However, i found out that for the Nvidia the intel page driver ver. is outdated, so stick with the CD or download the driver from laptop2video.com. The Forceware version i use is 156.45 and my driver ver is 6.14.11.5665. I have played COD4 in the past with this driver ver. Now when i play, sometimes i get choppy, but i heard that Nvidia have defects for 8 series M GPU's. I hope Compal is not one of them. I also heard that for 8600 GT-M , like if you were to play bioshock 158.45 works the best. Some people say 163.44 works the best for 8600 GT-M. I have to be honest with you that, i don't know which driver is best for our laptop lol, but im just sticking with the stock ver, which i could say all my drivers that i installed are from the CD. Anyone could help us here too? lol if so, greatly appreciated.

• 10 months later...

Hi, i have a Compal FL90 and i´m searching for new drivers for my GeForce 8600M GT. I play games like Call of Duty 4 and Crysis so i need the best drivers.

For this graphic card what driver i use? 174.xx?

Help please