LaptopVideo2Go Forums

inf for instumented driver?

Guest Starfox

• 1 month later...

How to make an intrumental INF 101 :)

Look for [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] in the INF, now in this section add this:

HKLM,SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nv\Performance,Library,%REG_SZ%,"nvpmapi64.dll"
HKLM,SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nv\Performance,Open,%REG_SZ%,"OpenNVPerformanceData"
HKLM,SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nv\Performance,Collect,%REG_SZ%,"CollectNVPerformanceData"
HKLM,SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\nv\Performance,Close,%REG_SZ%,"CloseNVPerformanceData"
HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce,NvUnLoadCounter,%REG_SZ%,"unlodctr nv"
HKLM,Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce,NvLoadCounter,%REG_SZ%,"lodctr %11%\nvprfctr.ini"
HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA PerfKit",DriverInstrumentationEnabled,%REG_DWORD%,"0x1"
HKR,, D3DOGL_74095214, %REG_DWORD%, 1

Thats it.

Save INF and install driver.

Guest sghctoma

hi!

thanks for your answer! I've downloaded the 174.70 driver (Windows Update recommend this driver, so I decided to use it), made the modifications to the INF, and installed the driver.. it installed fine, but nVidia Developer Control Panel says, that i am not using an instrumented driver... should this INF modification work for all driver versions?

sghctoma