LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.70 VISTA 64bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

Edited by ®®®

Not sure, the drivers go through the install but don't give the prompt vista shows about installing the driver. After I reboot, I can't enable the second lcd or anything and it doesn't show all the resolutions. The driver also doesn't show up on the programs and features menu or whatever either.

wow lotsa updates

anyone upped to this from 174.53? These daily updates are crazy

174.53 gave me another few points from 174.31; I get some bad temps sometimes though since upping from the MS 169.

Since I've updated to the v174.x series I'm unable to lower down the backlight of my Asus A8Js notebook with GeForce Go 7700.

Performance is incredible and my Vista 64 Business-Performance-Index grows from subversion to subversion.

Only the missing backlight-control as also missing Control-Center options for mobile GPUs makes me unhappy.

Does no one else miss menu-options like "power mizer", progressiv backlight-dimming in battery-mode etc.?

I'm not so used to vista yet, maybe these lack of options is regular?! O_o'

What do you mean missing blacklight-control?

Im getting an error from vista stating that windows requires digitally signed drivers and is unable to load the device drivers for the hardware.

Description:

Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 39.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode

Architecture: x64

Hardware Id: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_060C&SUBSYS_09021558&REV_A2

Setup class GUID: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

PnP problem code: 00000027

Driver name: nv4_mini.sys

Driver version: 6.14.11.7470

Driver date: 03-19-2008

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=501...mp;clcid=0x0409

Edited by Mosaic

UPDATE:

Installed the service pack 1 for vista ultimate 64 today, which just became visible to me through windows update this morning, now im not getting the prompt, HOWEVER, under device manager, it is still indicated as not functioning, and says under the resource tab "this device is not using any resources because it has a problem."

Question is, I dont really care if the nVidia software isnt working, its the driver firmware functionality that I care about...meaning even though the software isnt working, is the basic driver functionality still operational? I.E.-bug updates, speed improvements etc.?

What do you mean missing blacklight-control?

What I mean is, that formerly (with 16x.xx drivers) there was a menu at the nVidia control panel to adjust the intensity of the lcd-backlight referring to the battery health

(e.g. 100% loaded battery = 100% backlightstrength, 50% loaded battery = 75% backlightstrengt and so on!).

But now I'm missing this option plus my asus hotkeys do not allow adjust the backgroundlight - it's always at maximum, not really profitable for a long battery-runtime, isn't it?! :)

Hello to All of You!!!

1st of all thanks for suporting laptops with such great drivers!!

I´d like to ask You for help as I´ve tried so much without success

I have a VAIO notebook VGN-FZ21S with Vista 64 and an integrated Blu Ray player and now my problem:

Since I use vista 64 I can´t play HD Movies and am trying to use every driver from this forum. Any idea what´s the matter???

Thanks in advance for Your help!!!

Cheers,

DJ

Guest DJ2008

Hi there and thanks for Your answer!

The problem is there are no official 64bit graphic card drivers for my notebook. So I try to use those out of our forum.

What I noticed is- when I start PowerDVD and then check the configuration there is written: DirectX not running and so on and most features are not running anyway. So maybe it´s only a matter of enabling something in DX?? But games work fine and they use DX as well, so no idea what to do :) ((((

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

DJ

ok, basically ur driver did not install sucessfully, due to being in vista 64 bit.

Vista 64 bit dont allow u to install non signed microsft drivers. since using modded inf makes all drivers non signed it wont let u install properly.

try this:

download the driver u want.

unistall the current driver.

reboot

tap F8

once in the advanced options choose "disable driver enforcement" (or something similar to that)

install your driver

and hopefully it should work

Thanks DOX for the tip so I now know what the reason is....

tried out Your idea but it didn´t work :)

Any idea if there exist signed drivers for nvidias gaphic cards?? A while ago the drivers were automatically installed on vista64 via auto-update but microsoft has now taken the drivers out of the update...

Thanks again!!!

DJ

do u know who made your laptop?

sony/ asus etc?

if you do

go to there site and go to the download drivers page,

find ur laptop model there and download signed drivers to install.

Thanks Dox, I have finally found a solution to my problem in this forum ( http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=15927 )

You was absolutely right, it´s a WHQL issue....

By the way my laptop is a Sony Vaio and the don´t support vista64 :) :) :P and no driver are available on their page....

Cheers and thanks a lot again!!!

DJ

vista has built in powermizer and backlight dimming in power options. backlight is on the main page, powermizer is under pci bus link power management.

is there a way to get a slow backlight dim like on macs? i.e. have the backlight dim down slowly with unuse and then come back up when you move the mouse again

also, can anyone figure out a way to prevent screensaver/display off when viewing web video, i.e. abc.com for lost?

performance ups: (bios OC 600-1250-500)

174.31 3729

174.53 3769

does anyone have discrete data for performance increases from 174.51 to 174.70? i wish nvidia would include version history...

Edited by BobJ

Not sure, the drivers go through the install but don't give the prompt vista shows about installing the driver. After I reboot, I can't enable the second lcd or anything and it doesn't show all the resolutions. The driver also doesn't show up on the programs and features menu or whatever either.

Just installed it again and it works just fine for me.

It should also work for you as I have the 8600M GT run the same routines as the go7900 in the INF (ie they both install the same)

Use driver update method via system properties, avoid setup.exe

You can also extract the nvdm.inf from the original_inf.zip file, this is the Dell OEM INF and should work (but not all features will be enabled)

Hi,

I just ordered/shipped a HP dv2700t, with the 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS. I did not see this card listed in your inf file, was that an oversight? I'll get the lappy in 1 week and fresh installing Vista x64.

Thanks,

Bob

Guest Guest
Didn't install on my Dell XPS M1330 either. Complains about not finding any hardware to fit with drivers. I have the Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS.

It won't install on your M1330 because you have the 8400M GS, not the 8400 GS. You need to use the modified INF, above, as per the FAQ.