LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8800M GTX Vista 64 Drivers Needed

Mosaic

Please help me out! HAve Vista Ultimate 64 and cant find any drivers other than the installation drivers...which suck....plz help....used the search engine, to no avail :)

Any of the drivers on this site should work for you as long as you use the modded inf. Not sure if you get the underclocking issue that the 5793 gets in which case you would just need to wait for nvidia to fix it.

Also, i somehow doubt you have 768MB VRAM as the 8800M only has 512

Edited by Phnx

As I stated before, it doesnt work, i have vista ultimate 64 and after it reboots, and completes driver installation, i get the previously mentioned error message.

Description:

Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code is 39.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode

Architecture: x64

Hardware Id: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_060C&SUBSYS_09021558&REV_A2

Setup class GUID: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

PnP problem code: 00000027

Driver name: nv4_mini.sys

Driver version: 6.14.11.7470

Driver date: 03-19-2008

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Edited by ®®®
Removed Full Quotation of Previous Post

because you are on vistax64, it has an extra level of security:

the problem is it wont let u install non WHQL drivers. since using modded inf will make all drivers non whql, vista x64 wont let u install the drivers.

solution:

when u turn on your computer, contiunually tap F8.

when u are into the advance options choose "disable driver enforcement" (or something similar to that i cant remember the exact option)

now install your driver.

you need to do this each time u want to update ur driver.

Outstanding info, let me go ahead and try that, to see if it works :) ill get back :)

Well it worked, however my 3dMark score went from 10k to 4.9k....so i guess ill be waiting until nVidia and Sager finish their SLi driver which is supposed to be sometime at the end of this month, 26th they say : \

Performance was not good on these drivers for my 8800M GTX. :)

Well, I realize im pretty much stuck like chuck...no other driver other than my current 167.44 stock drivers from sager will let the 8800GTX hold its clock speeds under a vista 64 environment. All other drivers have underclocked my card, making 3d mark scores drop by 50%.

Anyone have any positive experiences while overclocking 8800M GTX? With what programs?

hi again,

i had the same problem as you (cards not running full speed unless using defualt drivers).

I solved that by updating my bios, as ur reseller for updated bios

• 6 months later...

Hey there,

Don't know if this helps .... but if you have rivatuner install, uninstall it as it is known to underclock the 8800m GTX by default... as for some reason it doesn't have the capability to clock the 8800m GTX higher than just under stock speeds...

greetz,

Thurin

PS: running dual 8800m GTX in SLi with the 178.15 drivers ...and it's smooth sailing on Vista x64 Ultimate.