LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Need some quick help for a 8600m GT

killElement

I know theres already a post about it but my problem is a bit different.

I have a Toshiba Satellite X205, the one with the SLI Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT.

All the games that i have tried to play on it (Counter Strike: Source, Crysis, World Of Warcraft) have ran very choppy and sometimes unplayable. I also just purchased Gears of War (which ironically was advertised with my laptop when i opened it) and it says that i need to have the latest forceware driver which i can't get since Nvidia doesn't support drivers for this card.

I tried downloading the driver that was recommended in the other post but it said that it was for XP, which doesn't quite work with my Vista x32 :)

Can anybody help me out finding a driver and a solution to this problem, I'm not that worried about super high quality performance, but i would expect games to run pretty good.

Thanks in advance.

i can't find that specific driver for vista 32. is there any chance that anybody could tell me the exact driver that i need?

Download the 169.44 driver from the community forum for vistax86. That should give you good performance for crysis along with the new patch.

It's quite easy to find, go to the forums then, 169xx series and it will be there. Here's the link anyways http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=17288, read the faq on how to install drivers.