LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.74 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA (incl. >40 ODM/OEM INFs)

mobilenvidia

32 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

I have asus g1s with 8600m GT, the driver doesnt work, Ive changed the *.inf and the install went for about 20sec, there is no change after reboot... what shall i do??

Please HELP

My ICQ 484751471

Anche io ho un g1s.......

In che senso non funziona ?

Il modded inf.?

Extract the INFs to a folder on your desktop for example and then do a search for your DEVICE_ID or SUBSYS_ID or the cleartext name (like GeForce 8400M GS). After you find the INF which natively supports your GPU, do the next step.

No need to rename any of the INFs or put them all in the driver folder as this nullifies the reason why we put them all in the ZIP file.

Only put one INF (the INF which supports your GPU) in the driver folder and then delete the default nv4_disp.INF, so that only one INF is eventually left.

Again, all INFs we find for a driver are zipped inside the original_INFs.zip

The default INF nv4_disp we always leave untouched in the driver folder.

seems like there are many ppl here using GeForce 8600M GT and this driver wont work? which driver do we use then?

This driver works well on my notebook, and seems to perform as well as my previous drivers. However, when checking display resolutions in Team Fortress 2, I lost the 1024x640 resolution (16:10 widescreen) under the settings, but everything else is there. Odd?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Can't seem to download the driver. It says that it is currently being uploaded. This status has been like this for the last couple of weeks :) . Anyone know when this will change?

No problems here to download.

woohoo finally have xp installed my asus f9sg.

audio working, video working (thanks to this thread), net working. only thing left is fingerprint scanner and i could care less about that.

Edited by malifer

i get framedrops in.. rakion! O_o

• 1 month later...
Guest David

The driver works great, but I have 1 problem. It causes my PC to reset from overheating every so often and it gives me a Dell Support Error Code of M#1004.

Now, I don't know why it says my computer is getting too hot and shutting down, but with the old Dell driver, it was getting MUCH hotter than this and not shutting down. Is there any way I can change the heat settings to match those of the old Dell driver I had so that it won't auto-shut down my computer while my computer is still cold?

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

i get the same thing the performance are great but i also get overheating problem with my precision m70/ quadro go1400

• 1 month later...

Hi,

i so happy, after searching for so long time and did many unuccesfull try with Nvidia drivers for my ACER Aspire 9412WSMI using GeForce Go7300 under XP32, this one looks working well.

Acer support don't provide any update since 83.60.

just few questions:

during installation i get warning message about SLI , you card support SLI but ?#@^\# SLI will be desactivated

so after trying to re-install again i didn't get this message...

what does mean? it is a problem or not?

second question, someone know if some others newest driver could work with this config?

anayway thanks a lot to LAPTOPVIDEO2GO :)

• 1 month later...

hey guys,

i came over this thread while searching the internet for a driver for my "nvidia geforce go 7400" gc (on a sony vaio laptop). i have checked if my gc is on your list below (it is), downloaded the driver and the modified .inf file and replaced the original .inf file after extracting the driver, but the installation still won't work (i used the have-disk method) and i get an error saying that the file doesn't contain any information about my hardware. now i was wondering, am i supposed to do something with the files in the folder "original .inf files"? i checked the list at http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=918 , and fount the following entry "NVSZ.INF = SONY mobile", but what am i supposed to do with that file? thank you.

sorry for the double-post, but i just found your instructions on how to use the inf file. however, if i didnt understand anything wrongly, the driver still doesnt work.

Extract the INFs to a folder on your desktop for example and then do a search for your DEVICE_ID or SUBSYS_ID or the cleartext name (like GeForce 8400M GS). After you find the INF which natively supports your GPU, do the next step.

No need to rename any of the INFs or put them all in the driver folder as this nullifies the reason why we put them all in the ZIP file.

Only put one INF (the INF which supports your GPU) in the driver folder and then delete the default nv4_disp.INF, so that only one INF is eventually left.

Again, all INFs we find for a driver are zipped inside the original_INFs.zip

The default INF nv4_disp we always leave untouched in the driver folder.

i downloaded the original driver and extracted. i checked the list and found (as stated above) that the nvsz.inf would be the correct .inf file. to verify, i also did the text search for the SUBSYS_ID and it was found in the nvsz.inf file.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A6&SUBSYS_81E6104D&REV_03

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A6&SUBSYS_81E6104D

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A6&CC_038000

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27A6&CC_0380

to check: this is the entry in the hardware-id section of the gc. i searched for 81E6104D.

then i deleted the nv4_disp.inf file in the extracted driver folder and inserted the nvsz.inf file (i didnt download the modified .inf file from this thread). after that i used the have-disk method and chose the nvsz.inf file. but i still get the same error: 'the location contains no information about your hardware'. what am i doing wrong?

• 2 months later...
sorry for the double-post, but i just found your instructions on how to use the inf file. however, if i didnt understand anything wrongly, the driver still doesnt work.

i downloaded the original driver and extracted. i checked the list and found (as stated above) that the nvsz.inf would be the correct .inf file. to verify, i also did the text search for the SUBSYS_ID and it was found in the nvsz.inf file.

to check: this is the entry in the hardware-id section of the gc. i searched for 81E6104D.

then i deleted the nv4_disp.inf file in the extracted driver folder and inserted the nvsz.inf file (i didnt download the modified .inf file from this thread). after that i used the have-disk method and chose the nvsz.inf file. but i still get the same error: 'the location contains no information about your hardware'. what am i doing wrong?

I just used this one for my Go 7300 today on my Asus laptop. Did the same method as you, only with the .inf file for asus mobile, and it works fine. I suppose you're doing nothing wrong, so try another driver or inf file?