LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Mobile Intel Graphic Media x3100 drivers?

Snuurtje

hello,

I am currently working on a laptop of someone else cause my own 8700GT is in RMA. I want to run maya on here, but it displays only half of the viewport, as shown below.

mayaprobdr0.th.jpg

I was advised by fellow maya users to search for new drivers, i tried the newest from the intel site, but maya still displays as above.

I am running a Acer Aspire 5715Z

1.60 ghz

up to 358mb mobile intel graphic media accelerator X3100

2GB DDR2

I am in the dark however witch drivers to use for this 'GPU'

I hope anyone can help me out

Greetings,

martijn

hello,

I am currently working on a laptop of someone else cause my own 8700GT is in RMA. I want to run maya on here, but it displays only half of the viewport, as shown below.

mayaprobdr0.th.jpg

I was advised by fellow maya users to search for new drivers, i tried the newest from the intel site, but maya still displays as above.

I am running a Acer Aspire 5715Z

1.60 ghz

up to 358mb mobile intel graphic media accelerator X3100

2GB DDR2

I am in the dark however witch drivers to use for this 'GPU'

I hope anyone can help me out

Greetings,

martijn

The best place to look for drivers for the X3100 would be on the official "Intel" website.

• 1 month later...
Guest Yotsuba
The best place to look for drivers for the X3100 would be on the official "Intel" website.

I had an issue like that with Maya PLE 8..5, the newest (15.9) Intel drivers look like they've fixed it completely.

• 1 month later...
I had an issue like that with Maya PLE 8..5, the newest (15.9) Intel drivers look like they've fixed it completely.

nope. there r stil some problems. the adapter doesnt recognize monitor resolutions.

• 1 month later...
Guest animator234

I have the same issue, which I hope they resolve. The notebook I got is very powerful and inexpensive, so I didn't want to return it. I was dissappointed when I discovered this issue.

• 2 months later...
I have the same issue, which I hope they resolve. The notebook I got is very powerful and inexpensive, so I didn't want to return it. I was dissappointed when I discovered this issue.

I bought new asus F7L with intel GMA x3100 and had the same problem. Setting to 16bit color depth does nothing - I hate the one that gave this hint without even trying. If I set the hardware acceleration using the intel driver /any of the used - and i tryed everything i have found on the intel web and the driver that came with the notebook on CD/ once again... set the hardware acceleration to 0 (zero) /in the problem solving window of the intel driver/ and disable the think ... I do not remember by name in english but is in the same window, where the acceleration can be set, /the only think you can disable there/ then... <B>MAYA WORKS FINE </B>i have tryed out the Maya 5 (aliasWawefront) and 8 (autodesk) unlimited versions. But there is a problem ... In the moment I set hardware acceleration, I can forgert DirectX, I can also forget 3DS Max, I can forget all the games, even the winamp visualisation will not work. Nothing works with this setting, but MAYA, Maya is in this case working fine, It is crazy, I think, there is just one small bug in the driver, Intel GMA makes me crazy. <br> Anyway if you only need maya to be happy, just <b>switch the driver to forget acceleration and disable the think under the acceleration slider</b> this only works /on older drivers you need to restart the computer between the acceleration slider setting - not with the last driver, anyway to disable the second thing you will need restart, - BTW, after maya session ending you can set the slider to full acceleration and play with 3DS TrueSpace or your games/. Wish you luck. I hope intel will find the bug and make a new driver able to avoid the problem...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i just read your post and i have been going crazy trying to get maya 2008 too open and i think this might be my last chance i also have the X3100 but which set of drivers are you using i have the latest which version are you using that allows you to change settings thanks

• 2 months later...

hey i find a solution (not the better) go to system>>your hardware and uninstall your graphic card

after maya work proprely (whithout some tools like the arrow for moving object on the side view, and other problemes; but they don't make me confuse to work on maya)