LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Is my Nvidia GeForce 8600M GS 256mb underclocked?

Blixmo

Greetings. I've a Amilo XA 2528, running Windows XP (got tierd of Vista). I had 2474 3dmark 06 with Vista, and I have 2257 3dmark 06 with XP, so a little performance loss in XP, but I still think the games run better.

I downloaded RivaTurner, just to make a check (im noob on clocking). Well, here is a SS: http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/clock.JPG

Ive read on some forums, and some persons have like 3100 3dmark 06 with the same Graphic Card, just another computer. Must be something wrong?

Im possible to get a coolpad, so I'm willing to overclock it, or clock it "back". Can you give me some advices and help maybe? Guides etc?

I also wonder wich driver is the best for all-around performance in Windows XP with Nivida Geforce 8600M GS?

Kind Regards,

Blixmo

Guest Misterious
Greetings. I've a Amilo XA 2528, running Windows XP (got tierd of Vista). I had 2474 3dmark 06 with Vista, and I have 2257 3dmark 06 with XP, so a little performance loss in XP, but I still think the games run better.

I downloaded RivaTurner, just to make a check (im noob on clocking). Well, here is a SS: http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/clock.JPG

Ive read on some forums, and some persons have like 3100 3dmark 06 with the same Graphic Card, just another computer. Must be something wrong?

Im possible to get a coolpad, so I'm willing to overclock it, or clock it "back". Can you give me some advices and help maybe? Guides etc?

I also wonder wich driver is the best for all-around performance in Windows XP with Nivida Geforce 8600M GS?

Kind Regards,

Blixmo

i have 8600m gs too and at first i was very disappointed with its performance, so i decided to oc, like i did with my former mobile gpu 9700se,

i have no problems now, it s performance is really amazing, i am using rivatuner for oc.. my current clocks are : Core: 680 / Shader: 1650 / Ram: 435

i use driver version 169.04, there are no crashes during gameplay or any kind of image errors,

Ive now oced my card a little, 700/1400/480. Now I got 2647 3dmark 06, instead of 2257 .. My temperatures are cool, is it possible to clock it more? I want to do atleast 3000 3dmark 06, I can get a laptop cooler to.. Thanks for answers..

i have 8600M GS but 512mb ddr2, no problems scoring 3k+ in 3dmark 06

well, now I've clocked it 680/1500/435, I get like 3200 3dmark 06, so I'm happy now, great performane..

Thanks for help :)

• 1 month later...
Guest Maarten
i have 8600m gs too and at first i was very disappointed with its performance, so i decided to oc, like i did with my former mobile gpu 9700se,

i have no problems now, it s performance is really amazing, i am using rivatuner for oc.. my current clocks are : Core: 680 / Shader: 1650 / Ram: 435

i use driver version 169.04, there are no crashes during gameplay or any kind of image errors,

When I try to install these drivers (or the newer version), I get this error message: "The NVIDIA-installation program could not find any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware"

I get the same error when I try to install software downloaded from the NVIDIA website. At the nvidia website they say that with my pc (Fujitsu siemens amilo xa2528) I should get modified drivers from the fujitsu website (wich doesn't support xp). And see'ing the topic-starter also uses this laptop with xp(?) I was wondering what drivers I should use???

I hope someone can help, thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...
Guest Simon Waters

When I try to install these drivers (or the newer version), I get this error message: "The NVIDIA-installation program could not find any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware"

I get the same error when I try to install software downloaded from the NVIDIA website. At the nvidia website they say that with my pc (Fujitsu siemens amilo xa2528) I should get modified drivers from the fujitsu website (wich doesn't support xp). And see'ing the topic-starter also uses this laptop with xp(?) I was wondering what drivers I should use???

I hope someone can help, thanks in advance!

I installed 169.04 then riva tuner wouldn't stick at my overclock speeds. I changed speeds, clicked "apply" then closed overclocking window to go back to main rivatuner window... clocks imediately reset to 450etc!

Any ideas please anyone?

Use coolbits and clock the card using nV controll pannel. Obviously they done something to prevent RivaTuner working well. No wonder. Remember the possibility to unlock the shaders? :))) They did no forget that, so... there you go.

I would use older drivers anyway, but that is just me.

CoolBits OVERCLOCK.zip

• 2 weeks later...

hi i have a problem with my hp 9700 pavilion....I uploaded a driver from Nvidia.com and after the update the laptop had an issue detecting its driver...i tried everything from downloading new drivers, back rolling the drivers even wiping the os and putting it back on the manufacture settings, system restore etc ( It would not get to the welcoming screen in normal mode however if i go on safe mode i get in). what am i doing wrong...well i havent tried a driver from this site as yet...