LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best nVidia control panel settings for WEI?

mittfh

Through tweaking the settings in nVidia Control Panel from the default shipped with the driver I'm using (98.15) to the single display and mainly performance options, I've raised my graphics WEI score form 3.1 to 3.2, and the gaming graphics WEI from 2.4 to 3.0. Just out of curiosity, what WEI improvements have you seen through tweaking your CP options?

Incidentally, I will submit a 3D mark score for comparison once I've installed it, and the settings I'm currently using are:

Anisotropic: App controlled

Anisotropic mip filter: Off

Anisotropic sample opt: On

Antialiasing: App controlled

Conformant texture clamp: Use hardware

Error reporting: Off

Extension limit: Off

Force mipmaps: None

Multi GFX card: Single display

Negative LOD bias: Allow

Texture filtering: Quality

Threded opt: Auto

Transparency aa: Multisampling

Trilinear opt: On

Triple buffering: On

Vertical sync: Use 3D App setting

And before anyone asks, I'm using 98.15 because (a) it's recommended by HP, and ( :) it's much faster than 167.xx (pushed via WindowsUpdate) at switching to the UAC desktop - almost instantaneous, as opposed to 3-5 seconds of blackness inbetween.

Main gaming use: SimCity 4 Deluxe (surprisingly enough runs quite well at 1280x800 and maximum GFX options - well, it is 2003 vintage software - but weaker systems would probably crumble at the 5GB of custom content I have loaded!)

Hence my need for optimisation isn't so much to run a particular game in incredible detail, but to see how high I can push the WEI score (and when installed, 3DMark).

Edited by mittfh

l0l SimCity4! try Crysis on high & u will be pwnd! xD with that control panel settings

Edited by F3nNec

l0l SimCity4! try Crysis on high & u will be pwnd! xD with that control panel settings

As I stated, SC4 is 2003 vintage software, so unsurprisingly runs OK on a GeForce Go 6100 - and also unsurprisingly, more recent games designed for GeFroce 7xxx and higher will probably struggle on my system.

I'm happy enough with what I've got - especially as I'm more attracted to simulation software than 3D FPS.

Anyway, to get back to topic, the optimal nVidia CP settings for benchmarks (as opposed to real-life games, where obviously trial and error will lead you to the best compromise between performance and quality)...

As I stated, SC4 is 2003 vintage software, so unsurprisingly runs OK on a GeForce Go 6100 - and also unsurprisingly, more recent games designed for GeFroce 7xxx and higher will probably struggle on my system.

I'm happy enough with what I've got - especially as I'm more attracted to simulation software than 3D FPS.

Anyway, to get back to topic, the optimal nVidia CP settings for benchmarks (as opposed to real-life games, where obviously trial and error will lead you to the best compromise between performance and quality)...

kk back 2 topic, mine CP setting r:

Anisotropic: 2x

Anisotropic mip filter: On

Anisotropic sample opt: On

Antialiasing Gamma Corection: On

Antialiasing: None

Conformant texture clamp: Use hardware

Extension limit: Off

Force mipmaps: None

Multi GFX card: Single display

Negative LOD bias: Allow

Texture filtering: High Performance