LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Where are the modded INFs? Where can i download them?

joemitchell1981

Hi all great site i am looking for some help before i pull the last of my hair out.

I'm running a Dell Latitidue D630 with an NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135. The dell drivers are fairly old i am unable to update to the latest ones.

I have been looking through the forums and it seems that i need a modified INF file to allow the new drivers to install via the "HAVE DISK METHOD". I am happy doing this part but can't seem to find the INF download page. Probably looking in the wrong place. Is there a modded INF for my video card and where can i find it.

Thanks in advance

Edited by ®®®
enhanced post to better serve the needs of a FAQ item :)

joemitchell1981 welcome to the forum! Please do take the time to read through all our FAQs and pinned posts first before posting. Post #15 above says it all -- our 'modded' INFs allow you to install on ANY Nvidia card.

You will however have to go to the appropriate driver thread to download it's INF.

There is no general place in the forums where you can download INFs. We have one though on the frontpage ( http://laptopvideo2go.com/drivers ), but this place is not always up to date.

The place to go in order to find the most recent INF is always the dedicated driver thread found in the main forum over here:

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showforum=66

The INFs and their download link are (and were) always in there. So, if you need the modded INF for driver 174.74 go the 174.74 driver thread.

• 5 months later...

Hi i could not seem to make my own post so i thought i'd put it here, hope that's ok ! Seems to be the most fitting place as this is inf related. Anyway this one seems to stump anyone else i have asked. So here goes!

All the recent geforce drivers for my 9800gtx oc, wont let me set my refresh rate above 60Hz@1280x1024. I had a 7800gt before and that was fine it displayed all my desired refresh rates. I Have the same monitor with the 9800gtx as i did with the 7800gt. I have emailed nvidia, their response to my questions was :-

"The reason the new drivers do not allow the refresh rates you are speaking of, is because all our recent drivers are EDID compliant. Your monitors EDID must not allow for these refresh rates. "

"Please contact ur monitors manafacterer for updated EDID. "

I contacted asus as i have an Asus PG191 19" LCD 2ms, they told me there is nothing wrong with the EDID on my monitor. Asus told me that the graphics drivers must be interpreting the EDID incorectly.

Well i'm not sure who is at fault but i would just like to get back my 1280x1024@70,72 and 75Hz. I found a Ultimate Monitor Inf here at http://www.videoi.com/~pietro/monitor/

I'm just not sure that this will be right for my monitor could someone who knows about this sort of thing please check it out. My friend has tried it, works for him so far ! would like to know if this could be changed to suit my monitor ? I'm currently using 177.79 geforce drivers!

Please Help ! Thanks in advance Guys u run a great site "keep up the good Work " :)

I would really like to know why i cant seem to make a post i am a registered member ! would like to make my own post about my problem some please help ! Made a Reply hear describing my prob, but i should really start my own topic. Would like to know how ?

Edited by Jimmy1973

This is my Prob if this not the right place to put it ! Can someone tell me how to put it where it's sposed to go !

All the recent geforce drivers for my 9800gtx oc, wont let me set my refresh rate above 60Hz@1280x1024. I had a 7800gt before and that was fine it displayed all my desired refresh rates. I Have the same monitor with the 9800gtx as i did with the 7800gt. I have emailed nvidia, their response to my questions was :-

"The reason the new drivers do not allow the refresh rates you are speaking of, is because all our recent drivers are EDID compliant. Your monitors EDID must not allow for these refresh rates. "

"Please contact ur monitors manafacterer for updated EDID. "

I contacted asus as i have an Asus PG191 19" LCD 2ms, they told me there is nothing wrong with the EDID on my monitor. Asus told me that the graphics drivers must be interpreting the EDID incorectly.

Well i'm not sure who is at fault but i would just like to get back my 1280x1024@70,72 and 75Hz. I found a Ultimate Monitor Inf here at http://www.videoi.com/~pietro/monitor/

I'm just not sure that this will be right for my monitor could someone who knows about this sort of thing please check it out. My friend has tried it, works for him so far ! would like to know if this could be changed to suit my monitor ? I'm currently using 177.79 geforce drivers!

Please Help !

Some posts become hidden due to links used in the post itself. This is to deter spam.

• 3 months later...

Hello, I´m new here, and if got a question: I´ve been looking for 5 hours now in the Net in order to find a way to use my old Geforce 6800 as an Physx accelerator with my Geforce 8800Gt as primary. Could you Guys to such as a mod? I even tried to change the nv4_disp.ini myself, but no idea. There are surely a lot of people with an old Geforce 5, 6 or 7 and 2 PCI-E Slots...

thanx

• 10 months later...

I agree, this is a great site, and I've read all the FAQs!

I'm struggling to find the right (windows 7 - 32 bit) driver for the Geforce 8400M GT card in my Vaio VGN -FZ31M, so I can upgrade from Vista.

I cant find the Video Device ID, nor the System Subsystem ID. I've looked under Windows Device Manger, and explored the registry keys. There is no 'Devices' folder under the NVT Tweak (there are three subfolders NVDisplay Pannel, OEM Configuration, & State) none of the subfolders contain anything like the ID i'm looking for.

Any idea what the best way forward is as I cant enter this data into your search.

This is something you guys should know if you want to fiddle with drivers as it's an extremely useful thing to know.

Control Panel

Harware and Sound

Device Manager

Open Display Adaptor

Double click on the GPU in your machine.

Click on details tab

Now click on 'Hardware IDs'

Here are you PCI_ID and SUBSYS numbers (use either 1st or 2nd line, ignore any '&REVxx'

Now go here

Plug the 2 numbers in the provided spaces

Filter the OS you want to search for drivers.

Press Filter and as if by magic all driver that support your exact setup will be displayed (if we host them)

Enjoy

• 8 months later...
Guest DarkGigas

I am a little confused, i believe that i found the proper driver for my hp dv9720us video card. I have downloaded it and i know i need a modded inf file. there are two listed underneath i see which one i need: nv_whql.inf but when i click on download modded inf it gives me only the other file. do i just need to rename the file or is there a different place i go to find that 2nd file. i've been trying for 12 hrs to upgrade my driver and having no end of trouble. plz help, thanks in advance

If a driver has a nv_whql.inf usually you dont need a modded INF, in the rare chance you do need a modded INF, downloading/replacing any of the two INF files will do the trick (you only need the one)

Edited by ricktendo64

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I can't seem to find the correct INF file to match my driver... I'm sure you can see all my system info to the left, but just to be clear, I'm looking for INF file match for [DEV_0649&SUBSYS_9040104D] (NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT). It doesn't seem to exist under the post for v260.99 for Windows 7/Vista 64bit. Can anyone help me out here? I've gone over the list at least three times and can't seem to find it! Thanks.

Rae

• 2 years later...

Not sure this is the right place to ask, but I can't find any modded INFs for win xp 32 bit. It always just says

Error: The requested address '/infs/310series/31054/nvvid.inf' was not found on this server.

when I try to download from the main page. when using the forum driver links the modded INF link is gray and says

INF Currently Missing

have you dicontinued the win xp INFs?

Forum search option diddn't turn up anything, so thx in advance for any help

• 2 months later...

I am trying to update the driver for my acer aspire 5745pg laptop which has nvidia geforce 310m and intel hd discrete.

I have windows 8 pro and have enabled unsigned driver installation but am not having much luck getting a driver to install.

So far all are saying no compatible hardware.

Can anyone offer any assistance please?

post-48064-0-03344400-1359206616_thumb.j

Edited by donkidonki

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure this is the right place to ask, but I can't find any modded INFs for win xp 32 bit. It always just says

Error: The requested address '/infs/310series/31054/nvvid.inf' was not found on this server.

when I try to download from the main page. when using the forum driver links the modded INF link is gray and says

INF Currently Missing

Error: The requested address '/infs/310series/31054/nvvid.inf' was not found on this server.

INF Currently Missing

I'm similarly seeing this message when looking for the modified INF for the Quadro driver version 259.81 for Windows 7 64-bit. Is it still available anywhere?

Update: I came tantalisingly close to getting this working, by studying one of the modified INFs and pasting the laptopvideo2go lists of hardware IDs and video card names into the official INF (Miolav, you may be able to do the same).

I got as far as allowing the unsigned driver installation to proceed via the 'have disk' method, but then Windows said that the driver was "not compatible with this version of Windows" -- which is odd, because i am running Win7 64-bit, and the driver is for Win7 64-bit. Perhaps some additional change to the INF file is needed, but I can't see where.

Can anyone advise? Thanks.

Edited by yani

• 8 months later...

Hi have the 32bit INFs been discontinued? I am trying to get my laptop updated. It won't take 64-bit Windows (original Centrino Duo CPU) but I'd been trying to keep the onboard nvidia driver current. The last INF that I seem to be able to find is for the 307.45 drivers.

I'd really appreciate if there was a way to tell how to get the new 33 series ones tweaked, or if someone could create the INF for the 32-bit win7/win8 machines?

Where are the modified INF's for version 331.47 (new version) windows 8 32 bit

I can only find 64 bit INF's.

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

Hi, sorry, but cannot find ANY modded inf on the site. Where are they???

Here is the latest: