LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Updating the Nvidia Go 7600 Driver for WoW?

xtwizted

So I just recently joined this forum because I felt it was the best place for me to receive advice on graphics card drivers.

I have a laptop Hp Dv9000t with a Nvidia 7600 go running on it.

Since it is an hp laptop apparently i can only get gfx card drivers from the hp website, and their last driver update for this gfx card was in 2006.... 86.38.

I would like to update this driver, mainly because it seems my ability to play games has been severely hindered recently. I used to be able to play FEAR no problem, but now I have constant crashes playing games like WoW, and I really wanna fix this problem.

upon trying to update from the Nvidia site i faced the

"nVidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." issue.

Should i attempt to use the a modded INF and one of the laptop drivers, 167.26 for example, and install that? Would that driver work properly on my machine?

Is there a better driver update available for my hp dv9000t running on Windows XP media edition sp2???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

bumping so i can receive help

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kappa
So I just recently joined this forum because I felt it was the best place for me to receive advice on graphics card drivers.

I have a laptop Hp Dv9000t with a Nvidia 7600 go running on it.

Since it is an hp laptop apparently i can only get gfx card drivers from the hp website, and their last driver update for this gfx card was in 2006.... 86.38.

I would like to update this driver, mainly because it seems my ability to play games has been severely hindered recently. I used to be able to play FEAR no problem, but now I have constant crashes playing games like WoW, and I really wanna fix this problem.

upon trying to update from the Nvidia site i faced the

"nVidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." issue.

Should i attempt to use the a modded INF and one of the laptop drivers, 167.26 for example, and install that? Would that driver work properly on my machine?

Is there a better driver update available for my hp dv9000t running on Windows XP media edition sp2???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I have exact the same problem with my GO7600 on Acer laptop

YOu just download one of the drivers and the inf file as well. You then put the inf file into the driver folder and it will ask to overright say yes then install. Thtas how i do it works fine for me. I dont have a clue which one will be best for you seems different for eveyone.