LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Call of Duty 4

Guest psychotic

Guest psychotic

Ok, I run a nVidia GeForce 6100 (my default GPU) with 512MB RAM and a 2.01GHz (not that the last 2 are relevant). I know that that is way below requirements for CoD4 but I want this game to work. I only get about 10 FPS or so, and I was wondering: what is the optimal video driver to use for my video card, to get an optimal amount of FPS? Ive tried 165.01, that didnt improve it. I am about to try 174.74, see if that's any better, but probably not. Any help would be FANTASTIC. Thanks in advance,

psychotic.

Ok, I run a nVidia GeForce 6100 (my default GPU) with 512MB RAM and a 2.01GHz (not that the last 2 are relevant). I know that that is way below requirements for CoD4 but I want this game to work. I only get about 10 FPS or so, and I was wondering: what is the optimal video driver to use for my video card, to get an optimal amount of FPS? Ive tried 165.01, that didnt improve it. I am about to try 174.74, see if that's any better, but probably not. Any help would be FANTASTIC. Thanks in advance,

psychotic.

actually i suppose that you dont have to try all these drivers. i run with 169.09 and that is it (Vista). more interesting for you is the resolution you run on.

with my 8710p, i use the 1024*640 WS, so i get always 59fps with Vsync, what is the lowest you can set?

Hutator

Guest psychotic

Yeah okay I guess I should have given info before. I run game on ALL lowest settings, including the textures and other misc. console commands I run aswell. I run off 640x480 resolution in-game aswell. I also run a Desktop Windows XP Home edition, and do NOT want to overclock until I get my new 8600 (saving for that, hopefully have it within a month or so). So until then, what can I do to max out performance on my 6100 with CoD4?