LaptopVideo2Go Forums

KoToR 2.

ZeroFrost

Hello,

My friend told me I should come here for this kind of problem. To be honest this site is very confusing to me.

I am running windows vista 32bit. So far no problems at all. I wanted to play KotoR2 and it tells me my Drivers are out of date.

It tells me that I need ??detinators 45.?? or better??. I then went to nividia and asked but since I have this laptop only acer can make Drivers.

They said its because the driver does not support what I need due to vista.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M.

If I can't be helped here, Could someone please explain to me whats wrong? As I used to play KoToR2 on xp a lot.

EDIT: Also, on this note how will I ever know if I can play a game? The box never says anything about this.

Edited by ZeroFrost

Guest Guest

Acer has a 67.7.2 vista driver on their site or you could download any driver you like from this site and use the modded inf file. There are links to instructions on how to do that at the top of all driver pages

Acer Drivers

Click link then navigate to your notebook to see acer drivers

also.. game boxes do give system requirements (sometimes on the bottom). But if you don't know where your video card falls in line with the example they give you wont know if you can play it... example: if an ATI 9600 or geforce 5250 is the minimum will an ATI 1600 play it? The answer is yes. the 1600 is a newer ATI card and on par performance wise with the ATI 9600.

Although I didn't see that game listed you can check many games HERE

Acer has a 67.7.2 vista driver on their site or you could download any driver you like from this site and use the modded inf file. There are links to instructions on how to do that at the top of all driver pages

Acer Drivers

Click link then navigate to your notebook to see acer drivers

also.. game boxes do give system requirements (sometimes on the bottom). But if you don't know where your video card falls in line with the example they give you wont know if you can play it... example: if an ATI 9600 or geforce 5250 is the minimum will an ATI 1600 play it? The answer is yes. the 1600 is a newer ATI card and on par performance wise with the ATI 9600.

Although I didn't see that game listed you can check many games HERE

Actually, "Can you run it" is a site i love to use. It told me I could play KoToR 2. Thanks for your help though. I'll look into it.

EDIT: what does this "chipset" driver do? Is this what gives Knights of the old republic 2 the Deninators it needs?

EDIT2: this did not work.

Edited by ZeroFrost

right 1st thing:

you wont find official laptop driver for your graphics cards on Nvidia's website that is why you come here for your driver.

basially .45 drivers ARE old.

your grpahics card is relatively new.

i suggest you try newer drivers like 174.74 or if those dont work go to 169.25.

you can download these from with in thi forum.

Be sure to read the quick start guide and download the modded inf***

***modded inf allows any driver to be install on mobile cards such as yours.

good luck

2nd thing.

chipset drivers i believe is something to do with the way decices operate with the OS. Good to keep upto date, not essential for gaming

right 1st thing:

you wont find official laptop driver for your graphics cards on Nvidia's website that is why you come here for your driver.

basially .45 drivers ARE old.

your grpahics card is relatively new.

i suggest you try newer drivers like 174.74 or if those dont work go to 169.25.

you can download these from with in thi forum.

Be sure to read the quick start guide and download the modded inf***

***modded inf allows any driver to be install on mobile cards such as yours.

good luck

2nd thing.

chipset drivers i believe is something to do with the way decices operate with the OS. Good to keep upto date, not essential for gaming

Thanks that helped me figure out a few things.

I downloaded one of the drivers and the Mod inf that said it worked for my card.

it gave me the BSOD when I tryed. Lucky I could restore my pc without getting back to the desktop.

I love this game but its not worth trying something that could really do damage to my computer.

I don't think.