LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8800m GTX, no drivers that actually work?

Guest Repulse

Guest Repulse

hi, I'm the proud owner of a ' XXODD' 570ru with a 8800m GTX in it and vista 32bit ultimate. With the drivers that came with the laptop, i get 30 average in crysis. HOWEVER, when I update to whatever driver i get an average of 9(not even maxing 10 !). In several topics and subforums I have found things like ' use 17x.xx ' and also the ' laptop branch' section, so I did. Same thing happend. Over and over again the installed drivers simply fail by more then 50%... I'm SO desperate, what do i need to do?

hi, I'm the proud owner of a ' XXODD' 570ru with a 8800m GTX in it and vista 32bit ultimate. With the drivers that came with the laptop, i get 30 average in crysis. HOWEVER, when I update to whatever driver i get an average of 9(not even maxing 10 !). In several topics and subforums I have found things like ' use 17x.xx ' and also the ' laptop branch' section, so I did. Same thing happend. Over and over again the installed drivers simply fail by more then 50%... I'm SO desperate, what do i need to do?

Hi,

remove the driver using control panel in vista (add/remove programs). Then use driver sweeper to erase all remanings (you can find it over the web, for example try Guru3D.com)-remove display driver not chipset and restart. Then install your stock driver (this which come with laptop). This should help. I think you may have problem with downclocking of your 8800Mgtx when using other drivers then stock. Check Notebookrewiew.com in discussion section about Sager/Clevo - 8800mGTX. Good luck!

Guest Guest

Is flashing the bios safe? and does it affect waranty? I'm no expert when it comes to bios.... is it the same as a chipset driver? anyway, could you provide me with a little bit more information? My xxodd comes from clevo i found out. PLease more info on the flashing of the bios and a tutorial ^_^