LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Atheros AR5212 HP Compaq nc8000 problem

netRAT

Hi,

I tried basically every Atheros driver posted here and none work properly on my laptop running Vista Home Premium x86.

All of the drivers install ok using the 'Have Disk' option, however most cannot connect to my Billion 7404VGPM gateway. I managed to get some of the versions to connect but had to reboot the gateway first.

Unfortunately even those that did eventually connect lost connectivity once lappy went to sleep.

I had no such problems with the HP WLAN 802.11a a/b/g W500 v.4.1.2.111 15/09/2005 driver I picked up on WinUpdate, however this driver is old, performance is somewhat sluggish and HP do not offer official Vista support on this model.

Any ideas?

netRAT.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi this help me with drivers problem site www.atheros.cz all up to date drivers and www.opendrivers.com hope this helps

I tried some of the drivers on the sites you mentioned, however I'm getting the same results as the drivers posted here.

Thanks anyway...

netRAT.