LaptopVideo2Go Forums

New Member with question on Quadro FX Go 1400

anassa

Well i got the Precision M70 as my laptop now, I got it for good performance vs price, since i will be running XP pro till Vista runs well (still half a yr off?), so the Dothan core Pentium M is good enough. And also the possibility of swapping in the 7800GTX is also nice. Anyway i have read that the Quadro 1400 is basically the same thing as a Geforce 6800. And I have been searching but can't find how to make my lappy recognize the quardo as a 6800? I want it to recognize it as a 6800 so that it will be optimized more for gaming. Thanks for the help!

RivaTuner will do what you want - You can get it a Guru3d or you can google for other locations.

RivaTuner will do what you want - You can get it a Guru3d or you can google for other locations.

then what? i've heard of it but never have used it, i always thought that it was like coolbits, used for overclocking. It would be great if you could just tell me what i should do. Again thanks for the help.

Guest Quantum Kaos

Ok,

I have been trying to do this myself for a very random reason. I have gotten it to work, here is what I did.

WARNING: I suggest you create a system restore point. I would also recommend that you familiarize yourself with reinstalling the Go 1400 drivers back on your system in case this doesn't work.

Step 1: Download and install Rivatuner.

Step 2: When you open the Rivatuner, you will notice you start in the "MAIN" tab. Under the Target adapter you will notice it lists your card. Under that there is a "customize" option next to a diagonal triangle. Click the triangle and select the first option which should be "low-level system settings".

Step 3: Make sure you are in the "NVStrap Driver" tab. If all options are greyed out, at the bottom click "install".

Step 4: After all options are accessible, make sure you have the following checked:

Unlock Professional Capabilities.

Use ROM straps for PCI DeviceID Programming

Step 5: Under PCI DeviceID settings, select "Geforce"

Click apply and ok. Restart when prompted.

Step 6: Upon reboot, go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager. Select "display adapters" and right click on the available adapter. Click "update driver".

Step 7: When the hardware wizard opens, make sure you choose "not at this time". On the next window select "do not search, I have the the disk (or something like that).

Step 8: When the drivers load up, you should notice a slew of Nvidia Drivers. Locate the "Geforce Go 6800". Click ok.

There may be a window saying this driver isn't signed. Go ahead and "continue anyway". Restart.

If everything worked according to plan, you should have the Geforce Go 6800 installed.

Hope this works. If it doesn't. I just want to warn you that it's a pain in the arse to get it fixed. But it can be done.

Good luck!

Ok,

I have been trying to do this myself for a very random reason. I have gotten it to work, here is what I did.

WARNING: I suggest you create a system restore point. I would also recommend that you familiarize yourself with reinstalling the Go 1400 drivers back on your system in case this doesn't work.

Step 1: Download and install Rivatuner.

Step 2: When you open the Rivatuner, you will notice you start in the "MAIN" tab. Under the Target adapter you will notice it lists your card. Under that there is a "customize" option next to a diagonal triangle. Click the triangle and select the first option which should be "low-level system settings".

Step 3: Make sure you are in the "NVStrap Driver" tab. If all options are greyed out, at the bottom click "install".

Step 4: After all options are accessible, make sure you have the following checked:

Unlock Professional Capabilities.

Use ROM straps for PCI DeviceID Programming

Step 5: Under PCI DeviceID settings, select "Geforce"

Click apply and ok. Restart when prompted.

Step 6: Upon reboot, go to control panel > system > hardware > device manager. Select "display adapters" and right click on the available adapter. Click "update driver".

Step 7: When the hardware wizard opens, make sure you choose "not at this time". On the next window select "do not search, I have the the disk (or something like that).

Step 8: When the drivers load up, you should notice a slew of Nvidia Drivers. Locate the "Geforce Go 6800". Click ok.

There may be a window saying this driver isn't signed. Go ahead and "continue anyway". Restart.

If everything worked according to plan, you should have the Geforce Go 6800 installed.

Hope this works. If it doesn't. I just want to warn you that it's a pain in the arse to get it fixed. But it can be done.

Good luck!

^^^ THANKS!!! Finally some good help, worked like a charm, now its recognized as a 6800. Good stuff.