LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v174.93 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA/OEM

®®®

35 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied by the quality of this driver and can you recommend it for other users?

• No
    • Yes
    • Yes, even though i noticed a few bugs.

I have a CQ50-106CA and am having the exact same problem, "The driver selected for this device does no support Windows XP". I tried many different versions and they all give this error message, SP2 and SP3 here too.

That sucks, because it's the only driver that's stopping me from using windows xp on that fine computer.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ®®®

• NERO

• Dox

• BobFahey

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I found a solution,

I had a problem with this driver running on XP Pro on my CQ50-106CA (preinstalled Vista)...it kept saying that the driver wasn't supported with the current version of windows. I did however find a solution to my problem and now have my video card running with a driver...the card used in mine is the 8200M G...

If you are having this same problem, check out the driver on this website 175.76...it can be found Here

Hopefully this helps you guys like it did me...I have successfully downgraded from Vista to XP Pro (SP2) on my CQ50-106CA using this driver for the video..

Best of luck

• 2 months later...

Uh, okay.... I've tried to download a lot of drivers from this site, but when I click on Drivers it just takes me to a blank page that asks how I got here. Is there an FTP site, or some other place to download the drivers?

Are you using firefox?

I have a CQ50-106CA and am having the exact same problem, "The driver selected for this device does no support Windows XP". I tried many different versions and they all give this error message, SP2 and SP3 here too.

That sucks, because it's the only driver that's stopping me from using windows xp on that fine computer.

I had the same problem but found a solution. When I load the 8200 driver, there are two choices. It doesn't matter which order, but load one, you will get the "The driver selected for this device does no support Windows XP", close the manager and reopen. Now load the other 8200 on top. Do not remove anything. It's worked for me a couple of times when I have had to reload.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Dell Latitude D800 Laptop. with "NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5650 [iD 031B]".

The original Softweare installed: is DELL references R105340 - Revision A5 ".

I have followed the Recommended Practice for installing driver the 174,74 characterized by using the section "Driver" where I have found the driver by inserting the [iD 031B].

----> "Have-Disk method for Windows XP - nVision" !! and not the "setup.exe".

The installing have ask for Overwriting esxisting file, and I have answer "YES".

The procedure have finisced and ask to me to rebbot PC.

After reboot the screen appeared black and nothing was not looked at.

I have had to restore the Original Drivers them with the "XP temporary modality", therefore the test has been absolutely negative and the restoration has left problems on my PC.

---> now the display is slower, and when I move a windows, it leave wakes for some second ones befor regenerating.

Question 1: Have you suggest, because now I have fear to repeat the operation !!!! :)

Question 2: Are you sure that the " Rollback Driver" delete also all the files that the 174.74 procedure have installed, and the previous overwritten file are restored as Original ? And I do not have some Lost Space on my HD ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by GIOGTT

• 6 months later...
Guest Texas Plowboy

Driver ver 174.93 for nVidia GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M on HP Pavillion.

I had just installed XP as a second bootable partition and this driver made the video card work properly.

Thanks!