LaptopVideo2Go Forums

M3438G - Geforce Go 6600 problem

PhoenixZ

Hy!

My notebook's videocard has died (Geforce Go 6800 256Mb), so i've replaced it with a Geforce Go 6600 128Mb. Now the screen ok again, but when I launch a 3d application, de screen goes black, and i have to restart the machine. First i thought, it is a driver problem, but i've tried many of them, (original, and laptopvide2go version too), newer, older, but the problem was the same. Maybe a Bios upgrade help, but i can't find one for the card. I've found an Alienware M5700 firmware :) for the motherboard ('cause i use FSC 1.10C), i read that it's compatible with 3438G, but not sure :) , and I' don't think it will help me. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help!

surch a driver at your simens direkt for your card or tkae 169.21 with my inf (call me). i have the same card and it works with that driver perfectly at all games.

mfg zinki

Edited by zinki

I've just tried it, but it still don't works :) :) :P But thanks 4 your help

surch a driver at your simens direkt for your card or tkae 169.21 with my inf (call me). i have the same card and it works with that driver perfectly at all games.

mfg zinki

What's your Video Bios? Don't know if it has an effect; 39.49 is the old default one, 39.60 a newer upgrade.

But this firmware is only for the geforce go 6800, isn't it? This firmware is compatible with geforce go 6600 too? :)

What's your Video Bios? Don't know if it has an effect; 39.49 is the old default one, 39.60 a newer upgrade.

I think the same is used also with x700, x1800, x1900, and even some model of 7900 GS did work. The same firmware was used in all x43x machines: 3438, 4438, 1437 etc (Uniwill P71 mobo).

I've tried it, and very bad news :) It's not compatible, and now my videocard don't works :) 'Cause Geforce 6800 nv41, and geforce 6600 nv43. And I don't made a backup :P . Anybody have an Amilo or Alienware Geforce 6600 Go bios? Please, someone save me :P

I think the same is used also with x700, x1800, x1900, and even some model of 7900 GS did work. The same firmware was used in all x43x machines: 3438, 4438, 1437 etc (Uniwill P71 mobo).

I've tried it, and very bad news :) It's not compatible, and now my videocard don't works :) 'Cause Geforce 6800 nv41, and geforce 6600 nv43. And I don't made a backup :P . Anybody have an Amilo or Alienware Geforce 6600 Go bios? Please, someone save me :P

I just got one with 256MB Ram---- :rofl:

I think the memory size doesn't matter and i've got nothing to lose... :)

I just got one with 256MB Ram---- :)

Finally I've found a bios, and with a tricky "blind" install my notebook works again, but the problem is the same: newer (2004+) 3d games don't start (Menus ok, but when the time comes to show the 3d playground, the screen goes black and messy, or bluescreen with nv_disp error). It's not a driver problem (I almost tried all kind of drivers). May be the geforce go 6600 video card (from amilo 1439) not compatible with amilo m3438g?