LaptopVideo2Go Forums

2nd display stopped working

Nihilism

I have an Alienware laptop running a 7950 Go GTX with an external monitor attached. When I turned my computer on this morning the CRT I have attached decided not to turn on when I tried to switch to it. When I open up the Nvidia control panel and go to Manage multiple displays, it makes the hardware connected sound, followed by the hardware disconnected sound and the control panel goes between reponding and not over and over until I go into task manager and end the control panel from the process list. I have tried uninstalling the drivers I was using, and I have tried several other versions, including one from Alienware/Dell and several from this site. Also, if I go into my device manager and look at monitors, my crt is no longer displayed. I really need my CRT not only to be able to play games but to work as well. Any help I can get trying to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I should probably also add that when the computer is starting, the BIOS info and the little Windows is starting up screen will show on both monitors just fine. Also if I boot into safe mode both monitors display fine, it's only when I actually load into Windows that it refuses to let me use the external display. I should also probably mention that I am using 32bit Vista home premium.