LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Connect 2 computers

Quubik

Is it possible to connect my laptop and pc to get better performance.

Edited by Quubik

I believe Windows has been able to connect [2] peers, usually by Ethernet LAN since W95. But what do you happen to have in mind in regard to 'more performance'?

I wanna play games faster so what I meant is to use my laptop hardware plus my pc's RAM, CPU and GPU together

• 1 month later...

Dual Computer SLI, lol. As far as I know that is not going to work. However, good thought! :)

• 5 months later...

It called computer SLI hybrid. Use your laptop to play games, connect it with your PC monitor + keyboard and mouse voila!!!!

:)

Most supercomputers do use a form of 'sli' if you want to call it that. They connect thousands of computers via what is termed 'high speed cables' and they are able to achieve remarkable speed from them. I know that apple has built a supercomputer using this method.

Well for us consumer, there's a reason why they make MOTHERboard.

Processor communicate with memory via northbridge (AMD use on chip memory controller) with the speed depending on the size of the BUS (FSB). those connection is highspeed and has very low latency.

IF you are going to connect 2 PCs (consumer PC or laptop), then you'll need to connect the motherboards with a very low latency cable. But then again, the chipset will have to support it also.

Long story - short, there's NO WAY for us consumer to connect 2 PCs or Laptops to get more performance. With today's technology, its simply impossible.

Yes, true and it would most likely stay that way as their would be a low demand for things of such nature.

Long story - short, there's NO WAY for us consumer to connect 2 PCs or Laptops to get more performance. With today's technology, its simply impossible.

How about Beowulf multi-node Linux supercomputing arrays?

Well, we're still in consumer computers forum do we???

Edited by melon